Main Menu

I don't understand the appeal of...

Started by wild-seven, 28 October, 2009, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wild-seven

This has been bothering me for weeks Hivemind - when did it become acceptable to wear tights instead of trousers or a skirt? I've seen enough chunky-thighed teenage girls prancing about on public transport (whilst complaining about being cold) to last me a lifetime - I've even had to stop myself uttering 'she'll catch her death', for the love of cod, make it stop! (on a more serious note, if any of them were ever assaulted a defence lawyer would have a field day with how they were dressed - sad, very definately wrong but also true)

I also don't see the appeal of the X Factor, Cheryl 'shiny-haired racist' Cole, Katie Price or Macdonalds
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mike Gloady

The appeal of MacDonalds is simple.  Sugar.  Salt.  Fat.  And steaming hunks of mysterymeat.  Simple really.  These are the things people like, sad though it is.  I'm not defending it or anything, just that's what I think drags folks in the doors. 

Cheryl Cole is the bane of my bloody life.  I would pay Simon Cowell my very own soul to see him beat her into unconsciousness with Danni Minogue (holding her by the head and striking with the feet, obviously). 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Banners

Quote from: wild-sevenThis has been bothering me for weeks Hivemind - when did it become acceptable to wear tights instead of trousers or a skirt?

You mean the thick black tights? Often paired with a barely-noticeable short denim skirt and Ugg boots? I'm not sure when it became acceptable, but it is a look I heartily applaud...!

M@

Mike Gloady

Ugg boots.

Never before has an item of apparrel been more aptly named.  "Ugg!"

What's wrong with good old-fashioned LEATHER with spikey heels?  Eh?  *drifts off*
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

without a skirt! just a shirt, stupid wide belt and tights - I was walking home yesterday behind a girl wearing a thick jumper, coat, knee socks, chunky boot and TIGHTS. She was actually shivering - catch a cold then you dozy tart

TordelBack

Quote- when did it become acceptable to wear tights instead of trousers or a skirt?

If you find out, let me know - I think a Public Holiday is in order.  I wasn't so keen on the Empress' New Trousers when they were thick black tights, but (as I dribbled like a musty goat in a previous thread) in recent weeks the practice seems to have extended to pretty much any tights of 30 denier or above, and to ladies of a more acceptable age (i.e. more than half my own age).  It's like some marvelous Benny Hill sketch out there now, especially when the wind blows.  Ah, what it is to be old.

wild-seven

It looks like it's only me  :( Oh. Spoons.

Queen Firey-Bou

x-factor
strictly
shopping
casual racism.. and all those other things that everyone seems to be into.

In defense of the ridiculous apparel that young lassies wear, never underestimate the stupid peer society body dismorphia conformity fashion police pressure they are all under, which ultimately makes them look stupid and uncomfortable in an effort to look good. eg Everyone laughs at Orange make up yet they all still wear it?

Colin Zeal

I don't understand why or when it became acceptable for teenagers to start wearing headbands again. What's the point of that? Oh, and why do some women wear a skirt over trousers/jeans? Make your minds up.

COMMANDO FORCES

What's with this Prom stuff at schools now, the is Great Britain not The United States of America. Not that there is anything wrong with the US, it just seems strange that schools are doing this and obviously one upmanship seems to happen every year on the news.
I thoroughly enjoyed taking flour and eggs into school on my last ever day and pelting everyone, whilst being pelted myself. Now that is a Great British tradition that we should keep alive ;)

wild-seven

What are those things that emo/skater boys have in their ears? I think they're called flesh tubes (funny, I thought that was something else). Ah, google informs me they're called 'flesh tunnels' - either way they're revolting and you may well end up looking like this

http://i43.tinypic.com/117edkh.jpg%22%20border=%220

uncle fester

Were the scratches on his face from his Nan going "Take those fecking things out!"?

COMMANDO FORCES

A face only a mother could love, then again ::)

Christov

Being a lecherous sod, I do understand the appeal of the tights. 

stacey

I love those wide belts and stuff. I think they are very flattering, and yes I agree with Bou, alot of it for the youngers is peer pressure which is why they all look the same, confidence to not look the same as everyone else comes with age.