Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I think I know who this guy is, if Rebellion need any help tracking him down.

TordelBack

CF may actually be Rebellion IP himself at this point. He's been one of their most lucrative long-term ventures.

rogue69

Dash Decent

"2000AD Radio" on YouTube: Link

'Let's put all the Big Finish audios up, then say "No copyright infringement intended".' Yeah, that makes it totally alright...
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

rogue69

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

What do people suggest is done about files of Rebellion owned comics being shared on Facebook? There's one particular knob on the Scream- Back From The Depths Facebook group who seems intent on sharing pdf files of the comic, one a week, and seems to think it's justified because he's a music producer and this is 'like keeping independent music alive' or some nonsense.

SBT

M.I.K.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 20 July, 2020, 10:06:28 PM
What do people suggest is done about files of Rebellion owned comics being shared on Facebook? There's one particular knob on the Scream- Back From The Depths Facebook group who seems intent on sharing pdf files of the comic, one a week, and seems to think it's justified because he's a music producer and this is 'like keeping independent music alive' or some nonsense.

SBT

That particular problem seems to have been dealt with.

rogue69

Colin YNWA

Interesting that they call it Guardians (of the Galaxy I assume) inspired!

Don't even know who they are ripping off.

rogue69

This person has been selling quite a few of these Charley's War Prints on eBay over the past month or so

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224448973574?hash=item3442338b06:g:MB0AAOSwIqJgV0HV

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: rogue69 on 04 May, 2021, 11:45:36 PM
This person has been selling quite a few of these Charley's War Prints on eBay over the past month or so

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224448973574?hash=item3442338b06:g:MB0AAOSwIqJgV0HV

Hold on. Is that genuine thing, being re-sold, or is it some scammer having the cheek to scan original art and charge £100 for it?

And if the latter, then the question is who owns the copyright in original art?
Lock up your spoons!