Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Hmm...

http://society6.com/TheBlackeningCo/Polygon-Heroes-Judge-Dredd_Phone-Skin

It claims "Un-official fan art" but I doubt that excuses the fact that he's still trying to make money on a property that he doesn't own.

-- Mike

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mardroid

Quote from: vzzbux on 01 April, 2012, 11:48:03 AM
Casefiles on digital disc.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JUDGE-DREDD-DIGITAL-COMIC-COLLECTION-/170809055092?pt=UK_Collections_Lots_Books_EH&hash=item27c5035774

Case filesmaximum colour edition? I didn't think such things existed. (I know there are colour case files, but the earlier publications are described that way in the ad too.)

Emperor

My "favourite" bit:

Quote*WHY PAY HUNDREDS, IN SOME CASES THOUSANDS FOR A COMIC WHEN YOU CAN GET THEM FOR NEXT TO NOWT

I'd like to see Tharg find out where he works and pop in and help himself to whatever he can find. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Alski

His reply when I asked if it was legal:

"hi there,
        digital comics is still a touchy subject, ebay havent
removed any listings as of yet as the law is still very unclear on the
whole digital comic era, wont be long though before they bring a law out
stopping the distribution of comics in this way, at present all comics i
have are all available online, all i am doing is sorting through
everything, repackaging, converting into a better format and
supplying

hope that answers your question

nev"
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

a chosen rider

Quote from: Alski on 02 April, 2012, 09:17:15 AM
His reply when I asked if it was legal:

"hi there,
        digital comics is still a touchy subject, ebay havent
removed any listings as of yet as the law is still very unclear on the
whole digital comic era, wont be long though before they bring a law out
stopping the distribution of comics in this way, at present all comics i
have are all available online, all i am doing is sorting through
everything, repackaging, converting into a better format and
supplying

hope that answers your question

nev"

Wow.  You've got to wonder if he genuinely believes that, or he's just hoping you will.  Given how incredibly blatant he's being about the amount of stuff he's selling, I almost think it's the former.  Which takes an impressive set of blinkers.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

glassstanley

Quote from: Mardroid on 01 April, 2012, 02:40:39 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JUDGE-DREDD-DIGITAL-COMIC-COLLECTION-/170809055092?pt=UK_Collections_Lots_Books_EH&hash=item27c5035774

Case filesmaximum colour edition? I didn't think such things existed. (I know there are colour case files, but the earlier publications are described that way in the ad too.)

I've seen one of these floating around the internet. Basically they are the digital Case Files with most of the stories replaced by scans of the colourises US reprints.

vzzbux

I reported him yesterday and now the item is no longer available.
Chalk one up for the good guys,

V
Drokking since 1972

JOE SOAP

Quote from: glassstanley on 02 April, 2012, 11:29:00 AM
Basically they are the digital Case Files with most of the stories replaced by scans of the colourises US reprints.

At least they made the effort.

Spikes

Quote from: Emperor on 01 April, 2012, 03:07:05 PM
My "favourite" bit:

Quote*WHY PAY HUNDREDS, IN SOME CASES THOUSANDS FOR A COMIC WHEN YOU CAN GET THEM FOR NEXT TO NOWT

I'd like to see Tharg find out where he works and pop in and help himself to whatever he can find. ;)

Cant Rebellion do owt about this sort of thing? Does seem to be a lot like this cropping up.

vzzbux

Quote from: Judge Jack on 04 April, 2012, 07:49:56 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 01 April, 2012, 03:07:05 PM
My "favourite" bit:

Cant Rebellion do owt about this sort of thing? Does seem to be a lot like this cropping up.

If you see something like it on E-Bay it pays to report it straight away. Within 24 hours of me reporting it the items were taken down.

V
Drokking since 1972

opaque

When I report any of these on disc collections they never seem to go away

Goosegash

Quote from: Mardroid on 01 April, 2012, 02:40:39 PM

There are torrents of these around - I downloaded a couple out of curiosity, but wasn't really impressed with either. One version has the colourised pages from the Eagle reprints, the ones that were chopped up to fit standard US comic book format, so that's a compromise from the start. The other version has the colour pages from the original progs inserted into scans of the Case Files, but the image quality of those added pages is so poor that you might as well not bother.

In theory, I actually like the idea of reconstructing these stories as they originally appeared in Case File format, with correctly presented centre spreads and the colour sections reinstated and all. But unless you have access to really good quality scans, then there's not a whole lot of point.

opaque

Here's a great one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120910667471

Even puts this in the description!
Ebay's VeRO Team and The Publishers Association
Please note that this book is not in copyright and it is in the Public Domain.
It does not infringe copyright and abides by Ebay's VeRO policies

Can a few more people report this please? I'm getting sick of seeing such things, and can't Rebelliion do something about it too?

Emperor

Not sure about this one, it seems to be an art project based on found objects but they say they'll be printing up the ones that get most votes:

http://onehundredtees.tumblr.com/post/22670300917/day-19-good-advice-from-the-judge
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+