Main Menu

the NEW "War Of The Worlds" Album

Started by Alski, 20 November, 2012, 03:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alski

Well, it's a remake no one asked for, but with such powerful music and story it's hard to mess it up.

My review here:

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/jeff-waynes-musicalversion-of-war-of.html
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

CrazyFoxMachine

Not buying it, not interested and if only I had a pound for everyone that's already said:

Buttonman

Cynical myself but I did like the Barlow take on 'Forever Autumn' - I've ordered it for Dad's Christmas and may run it through my iTunes to ensure it's all there before wrapping it up.

vzzbux

Due to see the Live show early December. The missus has already pre ordered the new album. I was quite surprised at how much I liked Gary Barlow's rendition of Forever Autumn. I posted it on the covers thread about a month ago.
Also Mr Wayne has given Mr Neeson an extra 20ish pieces of dialogue for the live show. Can't wait.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Buttonman

Quote from: vzzbux on 20 November, 2012, 08:06:21 PM.
Also Mr Wayne has given Mr Neeson an extra 20ish pieces of dialogue for the live show. Can't wait.
V

"I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL KILL YOU" has to make it in!

shaolin_monkey

vzzbux

I have just got back in from seeing this. Absolutely ARSOM. Second time I have seen this now and it is still just as good.
Jason Donavon did a stand up job as Parson Nathaniel.
Ricky Wilson of Kaiser Chief fame was bang on as the Artillery man.
Shame Marty Pellow couldn't quite cut the mustard on Forever Autumn but still didn't do a bad job.

If any of you can get the chance to see this then do it.

V
Drokking since 1972

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Dandontdare

It's got to be better than the DVD of the original stage show - mostly good, but Russell "the Voice" Watson as Parson Nathaniel was woeful - sure he can sing, but he's got the personality and acting skills of a plank. Nobody will top Phil Lynott in that role!

shaolin_monkey

Lynott had the acting skills of a plank too! And this is coming from a long time Thin Lizzy fan. He should have stuck to over-dubbing his damn live albums!

Dandontdare

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 05 December, 2012, 05:51:14 PM
Lynott had the acting skills of a plank too! And this is coming from a long time Thin Lizzy fan. He should have stuck to over-dubbing his damn live albums!

well if you want post traumatic psychotic Irish preacher who shouts a lot while singing, he's perfect! I don't think he ever stretched himself by doing any other acting, but he's the highlight of that album! I WILL BURN THEM WITH MY HOLY CROSS!

COMMANDO FORCES

I bought this for myself just before Christmas and it is quite enjoyable but the original will always be better. I wonder if he'll redo the Spartacus one he did a few years back!

everdefiant

Still have my fathers vinyl copy. Clearly remember hearing it for the first time, it was so powerful. Especially with a little help from some Marley. Richard Burton had a great voice

Tjm86

Quote from: everdefiant on 14 April, 2015, 02:26:13 PM
Still have my fathers vinyl copy. Clearly remember hearing it for the first time, it was so powerful. Especially with a little help from some Marley. Richard Burton had a great voice

Your fathers!  A lot of us on the board still have our own!

Ok, I'm off to the KOS corner to grumble about how nothing is as good as it was originally.

On an aside, picked up the Ulladubulla album a while back (from about 2000), lot of remixes and stepped up versions.  Vaguely remember Wayne redoing some of the tracks in a more trance style in the late eighties which prompted it.  Not bad if you like that kind of thing.