Main Menu

Judge Dredd Megazine 344

Started by Banners, 09 January, 2014, 11:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

Aren't the eyes reflections in his helmet?

Mabs

Quote from: Pioneer on 18 January, 2014, 12:55:03 PM

No they look like Dredd's alright.

And yes, they do look a tad creepy!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Mabs on 17 January, 2014, 06:51:02 PM
I don't mind having at least one strip which isn't based or connected to Dredd's world. Otherwise we wouldn't have had the pleasure of reading gems such as Snapshot, Ordinary and my personal fave - Lilly McKenzie!
Quite. The Meg was a very odd beast when it was "Dredd and other strips", like with the Preacher reprints, or at the start of Vol 4. But now, I think the balance is great: two or three Dreddworld strips, and then one or two other things. That said, I might say otherwise when Ordinary's done if we get another six months of Sexy Ostriches.

Mabs

Noooo! Let's not ruin a solid run on the Meg with sexy ostriches! Unless we have Fay Dalton back doing the majority of the work. That woman is (as Pat says) an exceptional talent.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

I, Cosh

Quote from: Mabs on 18 January, 2014, 10:39:54 PM
Noooo! Let's not ruin a solid run on the Meg with sexy ostriches! Unless we have Fay Dalton back doing the majority of the work. That woman is (as Pat says) an exceptional talent.
Isn't it that Paul Grist thing next?

I'm a firm believer in one Dredd + one Dreddworld strip and the rest different. Something only tangentially related like Insurrection or Devlin Waugh is perfectly fine.
We never really die.

Mabs

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 January, 2014, 10:48:14 PM
Quote from: Mabs on 18 January, 2014, 10:39:54 PM
Isn't it that Paul Grist thing next?

I think so, if memory serves me right.

I still haven't got into Devlin Waugh yet, I've got a stack of old Megs with a lot of DW stories, hope to read them sometime soon.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Devons Daddy

THE MEG
wow it was a good the high being The man comes around,

the whole ageing issue of Dredd being so well portrayed,
the script outstanding , the art style less so. looked little lazy or just not u the standard we 99% of the time experience,

but i loved the final cut of the question about the pets in the block, truly a Dredd moment, no crime is left unnoticed.

Demarco strong character still as wonderful as ever
for me MEG = pleasure 

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Apestrife

Quote from: Mabs on 18 January, 2014, 01:58:31 PM

Nah, the eye belongs to the horse.

NapalmKev

Slightly off topic, but: there seems to be a lot of negativity towards American Reaper. Each to their own of course, but then I've had to put up with the likes of 'Dante' and 'Grey Area' (both of which I read, but hardly 'enjoy').

I await the next part of AM with great interest!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mabs

Quote from: NapalmKev on 19 January, 2014, 10:47:23 AM
Slightly off topic, but: there seems to be a lot of negativity towards American Reaper. Each to their own of course, but then I've had to put up with the likes of 'Dante' and 'Grey Area' (both of which I read, but hardly 'enjoy').

I await the next part of AM with great interest!

Cheers

It's not the fact that the storytelling for American Reaper is poor, on the contrary, I really enjoy it. It's more to do with the garish photoshop work which accompanies it - Clint Langley is without doubt an outstanding artist (as his recent work in the prog can attest)  but his work for American Reaper does test my patience at times. Two or three page spreads with just a 'smart-bullet' flying through the air, or some other action scene when one would have sufficed.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

Quote from: Apestrife on 19 January, 2014, 07:54:20 AM

I love the fact that you can read quite a few things about this strip. Remember at the start Dredd says "the eyes are the windows to the soul", do we then get a glimpse of Dredd's soul [spoiler]when we see that stunning scar ravaged black horse amidst the carnage?[/spoiler] It's a really poetic scene in an otherwise action filled story. Also Dredd seems to be having these hallucination or visions quite a bit right now, e.g, the snow flakes on Titan. I think it brings a lit of depth to the character, he's definitely come far as a character esp. from the strips earlier years. It's perhaps questioning Dredd's own mortality, and of course we know he won't be around forever.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Dodsy

I thought that (and were probably right) the first time but what about when he's on the roof at the end? There is a pair of eyes in Dredd's visor then as well.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Apestrife

Quote from: Dodsy on 20 January, 2014, 12:58:41 PM

I thought that (and were probably right) the first time but what about when he's on the roof at the end? There is a pair of eyes in Dredd's visor then as well.

I'm thinking it's the bombers', since he's up close to Dredd's visor. But who knows, it could be meant as his eyes. But I like to think I haven't seen that face, even if I have in Fargo's face in Destiny's angel and pieces of Dredd's before Necropolis ;)

Mabs

I thought it was the bomber's eyes too, but if you look carefully it doesn't match!

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Bat King

Which panel???

There is a reflection of the horse's eye in Dredd's visor in panel 5 on page 4.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex