Main Menu

Nemesis the Warlock hardcover reprint and volume two

Started by IndigoPrime, 29 September, 2020, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

oshii

No chance I wasn't going to order this

But like others have said, I'll be hoping for more consistent repro, especially seeing as the price is a tenner higher than  vol 1 and 2 were

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 November, 2021, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 10 November, 2021, 09:08:54 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 29 October, 2021, 07:11:05 PM
Hope they include the extra Deadlock material that was contained in the Hachette Partworks editions.

Quote from: 2000AD-ShopStories include:
The World of Nemesis (Book 3)
Deadlock
The Tomb of Torquemada
Tubular Hells

Hopefully it does include Deadlock, but I'd venture to suggest that contents list is badly wrong! Book 3? No Hicklenton? No Hammer of Warlocks? No Book X...?

Yep - looks like they updated the listing not long after I copied and pasted that - IndigoPrime has posted what it shows now.

robprosser

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: robprosser on 13 January, 2022, 02:48:15 PM
Just been delivered which was a nice suprise!

Um... you might want to check inside it, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

robprosser

I've had a look and can't see anything obvious. Is there a misprint or pages out of order or something?

robprosser

Ah just seen the other thread. Fortunately mine's in English.

sheridan

Just received mine - all in English and all reprint.  By which I mean even the creator credits are reprint from some other previous editions - which means it speaks of the creators in the present tense from some pint about fifteen years ago.  Clint Langley is at the start of experimenting with photo art, but more importantly John Hicklenton is also in the present tense.  Everything else being reprint is one thing, but they should have updated the bios.  The only other thing that jumped out was the cover of the Winter Special wasn't the highest quality reproduction, but everything else looks pretty good.  Oh, and because it's easy to spot things which aren't quite right than it is to enumerate all the good bits - why was the cover in blue on black when the previous two editions were in metallic covers?  Silver, gold and bronze would have worked better.  Anyway, a nice completed addition to my bookshelf now.

sheridan

p.s. the other thread mentioned above (which I hadn't seen until I looked for it).

Dark Jimbo

It's another lovely volume. These three books have to be the most complete version of Nemesis that exists (if not definitive?)

A minor annoyance that stories like Bride of the Warlock are printed out of sequence (again!), but that's almost made up for the same thing happening to Tubular Hells - so that you can pretend things finished for Nemesis and Torque with Book X!
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Odd that the Hachette run got the running order right but this book didn't. Does the French volume duplicate the old Rebellion phone books?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 January, 2022, 07:51:25 PM
Odd that the Hachette run got the running order right but this book didn't. Does the French volume duplicate the old Rebellion phone books?

I suppose, broadly speaking, they do - but the Heresy volumes include quite a bit more than the phonebooks, particularly this final volume (Deadlock, Tubular Hells, Tomb of Torquemada...)
@jamesfeistdraws