Main Menu

Prog 2259 - Jurassic Shark

Started by NapalmKev, 21 November, 2021, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: norton canes on 25 November, 2021, 09:53:54 AMAlthough to be fair The Out is adopting a similar scattershot approach to themes and stories to apparent universal acclaim.
The Out works within its own internal logic. The entire premise is someone going from place to place, seeing new things. Sin/Dex long ago ditched the idea of internal logic, with its reality leaping and such. It got bogged down in its own complexity, and gave the leads plot armour to a ludicrous degree. Because of how the story runs, I just don't care what happens to anyone in it anymore. I'll read it. It's fine. But I don't care. The Out, though, gets you right in the feels.

Richard

Quoteam I missing some plot point that explains why only some people are terrified of Sensitive Klegg?
No, it's just that some people know who he is and some don't.

The Corinthian

Quote from: norton canes on 25 November, 2021, 09:53:54 AM
Can't help but love 'The Musical' even though it probably crosses the boundary on how Dredd-lite a Dredd-lite Dredd can be. Not being terribly familiar with the character, am I missing some plot point that explains why only some people are terrified of Sensitive Klegg?

I'm not sure it's that Dredd-lite - the entire strip is going to be about someone telling his story, which I'm sure he'll really love.

Sensitive Klegg is a bit of a low level celebrity, so some cits are used to him but that doesn't mean that running into an eight-foot tall flesh-eating upright crocodile man can't come as a big shock.

The post Prog 2250 lineup has been strong but it's cool to see how a top notch Dredd can lift the rest of the prog a little bit higher.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Thats fantastic. Tazio Bettin has some pages from the previous Dexter series on his instagram in black and white and I think they look much smarter - I'd quite like to see him do a full series in b&w, something gritty and violent like Savage or Defoe, which were outstanding without colour.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Tazio Bettin's b/w work on the previous Sin/Dex arc:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Sean SD

My Top 3 for Prog 2259

1st - The Out - very emotional episode for Cyd. Imaginative work by Abnett and Harrison with the Up, and then some danger on the way to close out this episode. Really well done

2nd - Scarlet Traces - Negotiations taking place with a gorgeous colour palette by D'Israeli

3rd - Dredd - 'Judge Kisser" LP lol. Love all the posters in the background and need to see more Chris Weston vehicles based on panel one.

broodblik

Here is an interview with both RW and CW on the wonderful Dredd story:

https://2000ad.com/news/interview-judge-dredd-the-musical-rob-williams-chris-weston-bring-the-noise/

Accordingly Rob : Judge Dredd the Musical is a three-part – well, four-part, really, we have a longer final part thanks to the grace of Tharg The Mighty – storyline that is the career comeback of Sensitive Klegg.

Barrington Boots

Scott Ian isn't the lead singer of Anthrax! For shame!
Otherwise this is cool. Looking forward to the next episode of the story very much.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Southstreeter on 23 November, 2021, 09:22:10 PM
I'm disappointed. I was sure the cover tag line was going to be "Tyranosaurus Dex".

Sweet mother of Grud you are SO right, so right.

Even with that fumble however this was a majestic Prog in a run that is simply brilliant. While I've had to wait to read these last three issues its been worth the wait and reading them in short order has been lovely. If I'm a lucky boy next weeks Prog will land tomorrow too.

ANYWAY why is the Prog so good right now, well...

Dredd its bloody funny and beautiful to look at.

The Diaboliks its bloody dirty and grimey and excellent.

Dexter its bloody dinosaurs fighting gun sharks and exciting (after such a long time)

Scarlet Traces its bloody intriguing and drives the plot forward and man is it beautiful to look at.

The Out its bloody well one of the best stories to have ever graced Tharg's Kingdom. How something so naturally and organically flips from being hilarious to as powerful as this episode just makes it feel like life. An astonishing bewildering, harrowing life, but it feels wonderfully darkly, warmly, real. Its a little piece of magic.

That's why.