Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Apocalypse Soon vs London Falling Rd 1 Heat 55

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 December, 2021, 06:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So we're well into the second half of the 1st Round and stats fans this week sees us cover 14.2% - 16.3% of the tourney over all... oh gosh... I wish I hadn't typed that... I'm sorry...

This one is a real test of the thrill-banks - please don't make it a draw, 'cos if you do I'm flippin' a coin!

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Apocalypse Soon - more info

Vs.

London Falling - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 12th December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Huey2

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

After voting against From Grace, I'm pleased to be able to throw support to another short, nasty but excellent Spurrier effort. London Falling gets my vote here!

(The running joke of the surprisingly long-running Apocalypse Soon is a good one, but the individual episodes are mostly laugh-free, and I wasn't into Shaun Thomas Tom Carney's art style at the time.)

Funt Solo

vs.

Seems like something of a cliche now that "another world exists beneath the streets of London", and I'm not a fan of London-centric storytelling, so there are some red flags here, but it was an interesting premise and ultimately had more to say than the riff on that scene from The Young Ones that created a giant sandwich.

My vote goes to London Falling.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Southstreeter

Maybe Apocalypse Soon was during a period when I wasn't getting the Meg, but I can't recall London Falling in the Prog either. Even the title isn't familiar. Abstaining.

I, Cosh

Love a good riff on English folklore, me. Plus I'm not sure I've ever read Apocalypse Soon.

London Falling.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Get to it, if you can muster up the enthusiasm for either of these. I'll drag myself to count up in the morning regardless.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Slowed vote to date ands frankly I'm not that surprised - promise things get more interesting next week. For today though, any maybe only postponing the inevitable

London Falling

creeps into the 2nd Round hoping not to get noticed...

Magnetica

Sorry completely missed this vote. But I can't remember Apocalypse Soon at all and only vaguely remember London Falling anyway.

Link Prime

Quote from: Magnetica on 12 December, 2021, 07:53:23 AM
Sorry completely missed this vote.

Ditto, but I'll once again suck up to the consensus with London Falling.