Main Menu

45th anniversary online convention!

Started by Richmond Clements, 16 February, 2022, 06:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: nxylas on 27 March, 2022, 01:35:57 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 27 March, 2022, 12:26:24 PM
Listening to the Wagner interview right now. It really is brilliant stuff. I imagine some of the more right wing readers will not like what they hear though.
One guy in the comments on YouTube today claims to be a long-time Strontium Dog fan and claims he's "always been a Kreeler at heart". Reading does not necessarily mean understanding.

Sneck me...

sheridan

There's two edgelords on but the majority of chatters are more positive.

Richmond Clements

This current satire panel is bloody brilliant.

sheridan

Time for the unsung legends!  Lettering and colouring!

sheridan

And now it's on to Mick McMahon, Brian Bolland, Frank Quietly (Vincent Deighan) and Jock (Mark Simpson)

sheridan

The art droids have left the virtual building - now it's the turn of the gamers - Ian Livingstone, Andy Chambers and Duncan Molloy

Something Fishy

Daveycandlish

You know what?
Today has been a great day, catching up on panels I missed yesterday, laughing along with names I've known from Tooth over the years and discovering new names to watch out for/haven't taken notice of before.
Thanks to everyone involved for an entertaining weekend!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

sheridan

I like Al Ewing's Max Headroom background!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 27 March, 2022, 06:34:06 PM
I like Al Ewing's Max Headroom background!

I WISH I'D THOUGHT OF THAT! DAMN YOU, EWING!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

So it turns out eight hours was the stream's limit, sorry for the play through of Dread: Dredd getting cut short - you can see the thrilling conclusion at https://youtu.be/Kn4KmV2RUGo

Colin YNWA

Only seen a couple today, busy day (boy child football today - less time to watch than at a swimming gala!) but both next 45 years and Brink panels were excellent. The wonderful thing is the stuff still to watch, or to finish off mean I'm got entertainment for weeks!

Thanks again to all involved...

...but next time lets do it in person... I miss you folks!

sheridan

Now I've listened to all of the play-through!  Catching up with all the bits I missed sorts out my lunchtimes for the next week and a bit.

IndigoPrime

I just watched the panel with Ben, Matt and the Kingsleys. That was really great, from Jason's talk of the importance of "low culture", to Matt's teasers of what's coming up in the Prog, to the talk about working with other parties. Good not only to get various reality checks (things are happening; things in TV/film can take years or even decades to come to fruition), but also to hear Rebellion's approach, with Jason noting that what matters is that this stuff is done well.

Now, I subscribe to the "the original is still on the shelf" mentality. But by the same token, I don't think it would benefit 2000 AD at all if pitches like those mentioned had come to fruition. People would instead think: "What's all the fuss about?" So, again, it feels in an ongoing basis like the Prog is in the right hands, and I feel grateful Rebellion ate up much of the UK's comics history, because these people aren't just owners—they're fans, custodians and creators.