Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 4 - Ace Garp vs Dan Dare

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 September, 2022, 06:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Wow, quite surprised by this! Dan Dare has its moments, but Ace Garp has always been a delight, didn't realise people either hated it that much, or loved Dare to this extent.
I say this as someone whose first exposure to the Trucking Company was with the Doppelgarp and then Garpetbaggers storyline, too.

Colin YNWA

Good ol tussle this one. A day to go and an eye scan through votes can't make a call. I will when I count tomorrow so vote and vote well today!

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 September, 2022, 10:06:39 AM
I was fully expecting, when I read Ace Trucking Co in the UC for the first time last year, to come away thinking 'Well, perhaps you had to be there.' But no, it's great! No need for nostalgia, or to remember what CB radio was - it's just superb in its own right.

yeah exactly this. Although having just listened through some mid-80s SpaceSpinner2000 episodes it does sound like not including the last couple of Ace stories was a good editorial call.

Ace Trucking Co

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Both of these series were widely inconsistent, though in different way. Dan Dare had its clear defined phases (personal given me the crazy of the early Belardinelli stories any day!) Ace ebbed and flowed in quality with some of the later looonnnngggggg stories really not living up to those fun easier, breezier tales. The voting was similar, up and downs but when Ace got ahead its cranked up and sped away

Ace Trucking

Ten ten Ace winnin' again.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++