Main Menu

1278: good.bad +ugly

Started by nathan, 12 February, 2002, 04:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraston

"I think one of the pro writers on the Scriptdroids yahoogroup once said Future Shocks are actually quite easy. If a new writer can't master FSes they're not ready for bigger projects. "

that was gordon rennie. i agree when i look back over the fs's of the years as i find that a lot of Gordon's tales have been very good, as have most of dan abnett's. it's just steve moore who is perhaps letting the side down.

Dominic O'Rourke

"you have to be like Tarzan and assert yourself "

Umgower shoosie, run now little one and tell your jungle friends that the white man and his sticks that shoot lighning are comming (the cat, climbs down from tarzans lap, and makes for the front door, only to be swayed from his all important mission by a loose thread from Tarzans loin cloth.

"Ouch" says tarzan, trying to cover his manhood, looks like were going to get that multplex anyhow!

Scojo, you've brought this point about the dirth of new writers in 2kad, before, it is very dissapointing that an anthology title such as this, does not take more risks with writers/and or artists. For a change of pace (and ala marvel and DC) can we try writers from other media? the american big guns have gone for film writers recently (last years Bob Gale on batman) so how about some of our BBC tv writers given a go!
Member No. 10

Wood

A Multi-Part Future Shock?  How about Grant Morrison's Ulysses Sweet: Maniac for Hire stories? (Progs 507-9)

Thread Zero

As long as they don't write for Eastenders!

Yeah seriously, why not?

Maybe the comics scene in the uk is shrinking so much, not many writers want to write for it?

Just a feeling I have.

scojo off now to do something with the rest of his day.

See ya all my shooshi munchkins
xxxxx

scojo