Main Menu

the betelgeusians travel guide.

Started by mogzilla, 23 February, 2011, 05:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

as i'm off to york tomorrow i thought as i spent ages trawling various sites finding a decent looking hotel that as holiday season is approaching we should start a thread recommending good places with things to do and more importantly good hotels/guest houses sort of tharg's gazzeteer.

mogzilla

right ee ho...the ibis in york is just off the A59 which is really handy for those northern travellers its only a short walk from the city gates...but, takes about 20 minutes to get anywhere interesting which is a pain with a 5 year old and can doubly be so on the way back!
  the hotel itself is "basic" but clean and does its job as a base for exploring the staff are freindly enough without being overly so the downsides are the sound proofing or lack thereof and for any larger customers the lift is tiny ,im 15 and a bit stone and had fun trying to get me and a large holdall in .

brekky was ok the usual cereal,toast breads fruit healthy options and the great british fare ,shame no one told them. the "cooked" option was pitiful, soggy scrambled eggs dry hard bacon and sausages and a bean option. and that was it. no mushrooms black pudding or decent other stuff mentioned...

However the trip was topped by vikki michel aka yvette from "allo allo" appearing in costume in the city centre!