Main Menu

Stone Killers v The Killing - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 02

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 July, 2021, 06:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

No contest on this one

Th eKilling os primo Stront and a contender to go far. 

Stone Killers is the story that gives truth ot the lie that late era Classic Stront is a downward Spiral that needed "rescuing" by Final Solution. 

In the bin, Stone Killers, the Killing wins!

Dog Deever

I quite liked Stone Killers- memorable enough stuff- a little more light-hearted (in a crescendo of drunken violence type way). But yeah, it's The Killing... so-
The Killing ftw.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Southstreeter

I reread The Killing last night, and it's as good as I remembered. Classic stront, will be happy to see this go all the way. (Already voted upthread)

Timothy

GoGilesGo

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

The Killing is awesome, I love the whole deathmatch / last man standing on Zed idea, it could have gone on twice as long and I would have been entertained with each match-up. Carlos draws many fantastic aliens, mutants and robots, and that Epilogue is extremely satisfying!

I do like a lot of Carlos character designs in Stone Killers too. Both great stories.

Colin YNWA

Well we're getting towards the end of this one. Any votes are welcome today and I'll count up in the morning first thing and we'll have the first results in qualifying.

My vote then - well it matches most folks I guess Stone Killers is a prime of latter day classic period (huh!?!) Strontium Dog for me. Its fine, but feels like the strip had lost its way a little. The Killing is absolutely prime Stont and a delight and therefore the clear winner.

The Killing

DrJomster

The Killing for me too. Really stuck in my mind as a great story ever since I was a kid!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well the match-up will get closer! But here it was another storming and clear victory and even the solid defense of The Stone Killers wasn't able to provide any defence and The Killing... well made a killing.

Stone Killers 1 : The Killing 19

The Killing              3    18
Slavers of Drule    3    17
Galaxy Killers        0    -17
Stone Killers          0    -18