Main Menu

Millar's KaPow Comic Con London - April 9th n 10th

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodsy

Just seen the latest announcment from IGN UK's twitter:

"The latest addition to the @KapowComicCon line-up is Dr Who writer, and League of Gentleman's @MarkGatiss. He'll be doing 'An Audience with"
Twitter - @dodsy84

Large48

Got a ticket for Sat, so hopefully there will be a Southern Contingent meet up before the talk?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Lady Festina

There's been mention of this on the KaPow thread, but just a little plug of its own:

Saturday 9th April, from 4pm

At the Slug and Lettuce, Upper Street, Islington*

<ahem>

The perfect end to a comics day

Come along to the Slug and Lettuce to drink beer and talk shite with some of the forum's finest.

Artistic talent on display includes:

KevLev
Uncle Fester
El Chivo
Dunk!
Kerrin
Supersurfer
and the mighty Pete Wells

(Disclaimer: all of the above have said they're coming for drinks; if you buy them a pint, they may well do you a sketch)

Further guests to be announced (read: kidnapped from the big show)...

* From KaPow, exit the Business Design Centre and turn left onto Upper Street, walk about 50 yards, cross the road. The pub is on the corner looking over Islington Green.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Lady Festina on 24 March, 2011, 05:58:30 PM

Further guests to be announced (read: kidnapped from the big show)...

I've just confirmed that I actually will be at KaPow, in a semi-official capacity, but I probably won't be able to get away until 6:30-7:00, so try not to get too drunk before I can make it to the pub, eh?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Lady Festina

Whoo hoo!! Letterer to the stars, Jim Campbell, confirmed for the pub!

COMMANDO FORCES

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Wake

I'll have a table...near the Tardis and Dalek exhibition. I don't have that much for sale: Dredd, Blake's 7 and Dan Dare badges, but I'll also hopefully have Dogbreath and Zarjaz from FutureQuake.

I might have a small number of Dredd helmets available and Jon Bayliss will be there with me.

I'll try to make it to the pub on Saturday evening too.

Cheers,

Wake

strontium71

These events where there are only x amount of spaces - does that mean if you don't manage to get into an event , the artists will be on hand later to sign and sketch? Or are they only going to be in an event and that's it?
Also is it ok to bring a book for the artists to sign , I was thinking of bringing my copy of TPO and a couple of Marshal Laws for the Marshal Law room , or it is considered bad form? Excuse the questions but although I've been to a couple of cons , I've never had anything signed.
...because I hate you.

matty_ae

Hi fella

Firstly having a book already by the artist / writer is always good form unless the event is to sell a certain product like a forbidden planet signing.

Creators rarely sign at talks but will direct you afterwards to a signing in the lobby or at table X.

So turn up with your books and frankly pat mills is lovely and would sign for you anywhere including the bar. So bring all your books and relax - you will get them signed mostly likely straight after the talk.

Creators are usually lovely slightly drunk people - I've never had abad experience in 16 years...

strontium71

Many thanks !
That's what I wanted to hear  :)
I just didn't want to carry books around Laaaandon for no reason.

So there's always a chance to get a signing even if I don't get in the talk?
...because I hate you.

Colin Zeal

I'm quite excited by that 2000AD panel now. here's hoping I manage to get myself out of bed early enough to blag a space.

Colin YNWA

Yeah fingers crossed I get to London in time (have an hour buffer but dem trains dem trains).

Already missing the Pat Mills Kev O'Neill one which I a bit gutted about to be honest.

COMMANDO FORCES

I see that they are having the World Exclusive showing of the first episode of Spielberg's new series here, FALLING SKIES. I might have to try and watch that on the Sunday, if I remember.

Edit: Just announced world exclusive Thor footage to be shown, along with Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Kenneth Branagh being there!

Colin YNWA

Have to be honest one of the things that attracts me to Kapow is all this movie stuff means that hopefully the queues for the comics things will be a lot shorter! Stuff like this can keep on coming.