Main Menu

Gibson / McMahon animated film work

Started by ming, 22 July, 2012, 10:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

Yep, sorry I meant now.

They'd have been screwed even a few years ago, to get it done anything like as cool as the concept work without spending a fortune.

Grant Goggans

I'm fighting with Trout Block.  Madge Poltergeist for 2000 AD!

(James, go read Thrillpowered Thursday - Aug 9 chapter - for the story about Gibson leaving the comic.)

Large48

Yeah talking to Ian when he was doing that very last Samatha Slade was quite eye opening!!!!!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

James Stacey

Thanks Grant, good, and sad to know. I like to think of all being rosy in the garden of Tharg, especially with such a defining artist.

Dandontdare

aw that looks fabulous, shame it didn't come to fruition. If the film never gets made, I'd be happy to see it as a strip in the prog. Excellent Geekeology there Ming!

And Grant, never been a Samantha fan but that was a riveting account and you almost converted me (i'm a "its-all-been-downhill-from-Verdus kinda guy!)

CYCLOPZ

Some fantastic examples, would love to see more.

Pete Wells

Wow, Ming's brilliant isn't he? Our ThreeA guide, sharing those amazing origins of Rogue Trooper with us and now this absolute gem! A real asset to the board. Thank you sir!

And my Grudness, what a discovery. This would have been amazing! The design work from both artists is Nothing short of beautiful. I adore Madge's elephant dress, it's sublime! Thanks again for doing all the detective work Ming.

ming

Very glad that people are liking this stuff - I think it's mind-bendingly wonderful... Mick just wrote to let me know he's put a blog post together about it, and it looks like he dug up quite a few amazing additional images.  Rather than just post the pics here I'll provide a link to the post.

http://tuggingyourcoat.com/2012/08/23/very-early-concept-work/

Spikes

Sterling work Ming, thanks for going the extra mile on this,  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
And though im a McMahon nut through and through, ive gotta say im blown away by  these concepts/designs. Just incredible.
And just checked out the additional images that are now up on his Blog, as well. Stella stuff, far too good to have been hidden away all these years.
Could work be re-started on this, i wonder? Lets get it in the Prog NOW!

ming

I asked Mick about Madge Poltergeist via a comment on his blog: "She ran a B&B is all I can recall"

I can't remember the last time I took such an instant liking to a character based on a single image, she's just perfect.

Trout

Quote from: ming on 24 August, 2012, 12:21:23 PM
I asked Mick about Madge Poltergeist via a comment on his blog: "She ran a B&B is all I can recall"

I can't remember the last time I took such an instant liking to a character based on a single image, she's just perfect.

Yes. She is! Also, running a B&B is perfect for her. Is she in the public domain? We need to Creative Common the hell out of Madge!

Colin YNWA

Didn't get around to checking this yesterday and when I did today I remembered I'd not been to his blog for a while and so looked through that.

WOW two bits of Mile McMahon Roman art, given my love of all things Roman I almost had a nerdgasm. Those designs and pictures for the old project that was abandoned were nice enough BUT the Blog post for a new possible project 'Roman's of Dacia' have got me all of a tizzy! I'd be so happy if that happened.

http://tuggingyourcoat.com/2012/07/20/romans-in-dacia/

ming

Yesterday I got in touch with Derek Hayes, the surviving half of the Animation City outfit, and pointed him at Mick's blog post.  With a bit of luck I'll hear more from him about the project in a week or so.  Anything further that I can dig up will be posted here.

Spikes

Great stuff! These concepts have really caught our collective eye, havent they.

Once again David very good work! Ill look forward to seeing what Mr Hayes has to say.

BPP

If Ian Gibson is still lifting a brush he should be in 2000AD. End of. Al Ewing and Ian Gibson could not fail to come up with something Zarjaz.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd