Main Menu

'Grayson' Fan Film.

Started by Pete Wells, 22 July, 2004, 06:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the board but it looks great, even better than that strange Batman/Predator/Alien fan film that came out not so long back.

Pete.

Link: http://theforce.net/theater/nonsw/grayson/" target="_blank">Grayson Fan Film Trailer

Smiley

(Come on, you were all thinking it.)http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/36478000/jpg/_36478213_grayson150.jpg">

paulvonscott

I know I was.  He'd have made a much better Batman Sidekick.

Dudlette

Oooh, shut that Batcave door!

Bico

I'm still waiting for the bastard thing to finish downloading.
Broadband my arsehole.

Generally Contrary

Always in moderation - I'll have the 'small' please.

Bico

It's still not done.
78% so far.

Generally Contrary

Well, my Windows Media Player won't play the thing anyway - except asa sound file.

Bico

My cousin knocked the wire out of the wall before the download finished.
Back to square one.

GC, try Winamp, or Divx players.

Matt

GC - You'll need QuickTime to play the movie back. But I wouldn't bother. As far as fan films go this is pretty ropey. Can't see why you'd spend all that time and money on making a trailer for a possible film. It's not as though Warners would ever make the thing.

Bico

I had a conversation along those same lines with my brother after the first series of 'Smallville' ended.  Smallville is an awful show, with no excuse for its ropey plots when it has a good premise at heart, and we basically came to the conclusion that a Batman show, set in Gotham, but with one of his sidekicks as the main character would be the next show of this kind to see the light.  Lo and behold, Birds of prey came along, and was utter shite, and once again, I had to ask myself why someone would make a show that's so obviously bad from the moment the producers start 'modifying' the source material for its new home.
My bet was on a Batgirl show, since the character could be developed away from normal Batman continuity and not annoy the movie people, while also use all the second-string villians like Scarface, Killer Croc, Scarecrow, etc, who weren't ever going to show up in the movies.  My brother bet on a Nightwing show for much the same reasons, but we were both let down by what eventually emerged as Birds of Prey, because... well, come on, Buffy wasn't brain surgery, was it?  That was the charm of the show, a ridiculous premise, but played to the hilt.
Done with conviction, you can make any old shite watchable, and conviction in the project was what was missing from Birds of Prey.  To all concerned, it was just another show on a road to nowhere, and it showed in everything from the acting to the scripts, to the 'point the camera and turn it on' direction.
Fan movies are the complete antithesis to this process of churning out unrecogniseable versions of comic-book heroes who aren't likely to appeal to the original fans, and don't have the heart to attract new ones unaware of the source material.  Fan movies have nothing BUT a love of the source material to go on, and it takes a harder heart than mine to brush them off when they have the one quality in abundance that American movie and television producers seem genuinely incapable of in these product-driven times.

And I didn't mention the Dredd movie once.

It's back up to about 87% loaded now.

Noisybast

How about this one - it's by the same guy that did "Batman: Dead End".

Link: http://theforce.net/theater/nonsw/worldsfinest/" target="_blank">World's Finest

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bico

Nice.  Makes you wonder how the 'professional' moviemakers f*ck it up so spectacularly without even trying, while some fool with a cheapo camera does what looks like an acceptable job wiyh nothing more than a bunch of mates and a prayer.
Based purely on the trailers, I'd go to see World's Finest, but probably not Grayson and definately not that Catwoman fan movie, which looks like it was made by complete tools.

Bico

Damn, I was supposed to STOP using sarcasm on the board - or was that Catwoman comment 'irony'?
I can never tell.