Main Menu

"Future Shocks" submission synopsis -- single- or double-spaced?

Started by ryubyss, 12 September, 2016, 09:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starkers

Quote from: ryubyss on 20 September, 2016, 07:17:55 PM
Quote from: Starkers on 16 September, 2016, 09:51:54 AM
Mine are always single spaced, and whilst I've never had a shock accepted I've had enough feedback on occasion to suggest a single spaced synopsis hasn't put them off looking at the script itself.

happy to know that they give feedback. I have submitted prose short fiction and know to expect usually nothing accept the notice of rejection and sometimes a request to send something else. but nothing in the way of suggestions for improvement.

Most of my rejections are the same, and Matt Smith doesn't always provide feedback, I've had some fairly generic 2000AD rejections, but clearly where he's seen something good in a story, just not good enough, he's been kind enough to at least explain why he isn't accepting, which is always really appreciated because form rejections can be dispiriting. It's especially heartening when you realise just how mammoth their slush pile must be.

sheridan

Quote from: Alec Worley on 19 September, 2016, 11:34:42 PM
Clinging to the hood of the speeding car, Dredd informs the driver that he's commandeering his vehicle; he also books the guy for having an out-of-date tax disc!

Script-bot: WORL*E
Ah those retro-futuristic stories - tax discs can now be filed with cathode ray tubes in starships and those 1950s style cars in the Doctor Who film that was supposed to be set in 2150 :-)

Thanks for posting Worl*E!

Buttonman

Steve MacManus' book suggests double spaced is preferred so that comments and alterations can be easily inserted. Whether this still applies in the computer age is debatable.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 22 September, 2016, 06:51:47 PM
Steve MacManus' book suggests double spaced is preferred so that comments and alterations can be easily inserted. Whether this still applies in the computer age is debatable.

letters in the Megazine and you're flaffing about here?... to the Beast I say! To the Beast!
DDT did a job on me