Main Menu

'Free' Megazine GN Suggestions

Started by radiator, 01 July, 2008, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 05 May, 2012, 09:13:24 AM
If we're not going to have a vector 13 trade collection (which is, in itself, madness), could we not at least have a few months of them in the floppies?

Oh crumbs, I wasn't suggesting a Vector 13 trade, but there are enough good stories in there to make a couple of decent supplements (again I can re-read them and make a list), I notice some have been used to make up the numbers on a couple of recent collections too, so that might be another way.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Adventurer

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 05 May, 2012, 01:00:45 PM
Im suprised we've yet to have a floppy which collects the final strips for series such as Caballistics Inc or The V.C's. Theres probably not enough left to give those strips another trade, so why not a floppy?

I'm pretty sure The V.Cs can easily fit a final TP (I assume sales of the second volume weren't great to warrant a 3rd yet). As for Cabs, I'm holding out hope that Rennie has a final series up his sleeve now that he seems to be a regular 2000 AD contributor again. Its a great tragedy that Cabs is still floating out there incomplete.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Tombo

I had an idea today (slow day at work, time to think).  Around the time the movie comes out the freebies should, for a couple of months, feature a few classic "archetypal" Dredd stories.  Stories like "Judge Death", "Graveyard Shift" or UnAmerican Graffiti", stories which show just how weird Mega-City One can be.   

The movies bound to raise peoples interest in Dredd so been able to read a few of the older strips might allow them to ease into the whole concept of Dredd without been terrified about buying all of the case files. 

The Megazine itself could have a few articles covering the history of Dredd as well, both in universe and behind the scenes (writer and artist bios, interviews)

Tombo

Quote from: Tombo on 08 May, 2012, 05:43:32 PM
I had an idea today (slow day at work, time to think).  Around the time the movie comes out the freebies should, for a couple of months, feature a few classic "archetypal" Dredd stories.  Stories like "Judge Death", "Graveyard Shift" UnAmerican Graffiti", maybe a couple of the Otto Sump stories.  Stuff which shows both the serious and funny side of how weird Mega-City One can be.   

The movies bound to raise peoples interest in Dredd so been able to read a few of the older strips might allow them to ease into the whole concept of Dredd without been terrified about buying all of the case files. 

The Megazine itself could have a few articles covering the history of Dredd as well, both in universe and behind the scenes (writer and artist bios, interviews)

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: The Adventurer on 05 May, 2012, 07:31:48 PM
Quote from: Tim Tailz on 05 May, 2012, 01:00:45 PM
Im suprised we've yet to have a floppy which collects the final strips for series such as Caballistics Inc or The V.C's. Theres probably not enough left to give those strips another trade, so why not a floppy?

I'm pretty sure The V.Cs can easily fit a final TP (I assume sales of the second volume weren't great to warrant a 3rd yet).

I actually just got the second V.C.s trade Back in Action today, and the inside back cover features an advert for a further trade called "Old Soldiers". Im guessing this must have been cancelled presumably due (as you said) to low sales.

SmallBlueThing

How about the carlos adaptation of the original dredd movie, along with the text content from the tie-in poster magazines? Whistle whistle...

SBT

James Stacey

Wasn't there a Ron Smith adaptation too or did I dream it?

SmallBlueThing

I think there was- in the daily star, wasnt it? Hopefully we'll have that as part of the daily star casefiles that im expecting to be announced any second.

SBT

radiator

That won't happen for two reasons - 1: it would be a very bad business decision to confuse potential new readers ahead of the new film by reprinting an adaptation of the old film, and 2: I'm pretty sure Rebellion would have to get permission from the rights holders of the 1995 movie.

How about Zancudo?

SmallBlueThing

Mr radiator, i was joking. I no more want to see any of the stallone-associated tat than i do a 'dry run' floppy.

SBT 

Large48

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 May, 2012, 09:04:18 AM
I think there was- in the daily star, wasnt it? Hopefully we'll have that as part of the daily star casefiles that im expecting to be announced any second.

SBT

SBT it was in the News of the World in full colour and was (I think) 18 original (i.e. half page) episodes and then another 18(?) full page ones.

Ron was selling some of this artwork the last time I met him.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

SmallBlueThing

Well get you, mister hob-nobbing with the stars la-di-dah gunner large! News of the Screws, Daily Star, whatever- i just hope for a reprint at some point. Or until a kind soul offers to colour copy them in the physical realm. Ron Smith pages are always something to drool over.

SBT

The Adventurer

Anyone ever suggested Freaks? And its sequel Faces? Faces was running when I first started reading 2000 AD, and I've always been curious about the original story, which ran a long time ago. Freaks ran 30 pages and Faces 48. There's probably enough Peter Milligan and John Higgins odds and ends laying around to fill out two consecutive supplements.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Skullmo

Quote from: The Adventurer on 01 July, 2012, 09:29:03 AM
Anyone ever suggested Freaks? And its sequel Faces? Faces was running when I first started reading 2000 AD, and I've always been curious about the original story, which ran a long time ago. Freaks ran 30 pages and Faces 48. There's probably enough Peter Milligan and John Higgins odds and ends laying around to fill out two consecutive supplements.

I second this! More Milligan that I have never read is a good thing. Can we have Shadows as well?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Here are somee that I would like to see:

The later Armoured Gideon stories - we always seem to get a reprint of the first series but not the colour ones which I remember as being really good.

Time House - this was a great self contained series

Reprints from Scream! It would be nice to see a collection of the best short stories, some amazing art and stories here!

It's a joke. I was joking.