Main Menu

Meg relief - Tank Girl on IDW?

Started by locustsofdeath!, 22 March, 2010, 08:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

I just spotted an ad in this month's IDW title "Angel" (no worries, it's my wife's comic, honest) starting that a "darker, grittier new take on Tank Girl" is starting up next month. It's to be an American comic-sized monthly.

So...does this get it out of the Meg? Will we finally get (most of) our wishes to see it gone?

pauljholden

Tank Girl has been appearing simultaneously in the Meg and a title published by, I think, Image.  This just means it's going to IDW.

Mind you, iirc, the Tank Girl is being ousted by Si Frazer's Lily MacKenzie, though that's a coincidence ...

-pj

James Stacey

Did I read somewhere Mick McMahon was drawing Tank Girl or did I dream it ?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: James S on 22 March, 2010, 09:40:48 AM
Did I read somewhere Mick McMahon was drawing Tank Girl or did I dream it ?

You did not. He is.

TordelBack

Boy did I ever pick the right time to become interested in Tank Girl!

HOO-HAA

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 March, 2010, 10:08:15 AM
Boy did I ever pick the right time to become interested in Tank Girl!

Infidels may mock us yet we shall continue to worship at the altar of The Most Tankilcious One through hail and storm...  :D

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: pauljholden on 22 March, 2010, 09:25:43 AM
This just means it's going to IDW.

IDW have been publishing Tankie for a few years now PJ. Ashley Wood drew the first mini-series & Rufus took over form thesecond. Both were pre-Meg.

Picked up the first issue of this latest series & am not currently convinced by the colouring. This may due to the fact that I'm pining for my monthly oversize Dayglo fix. What am I going to read second in the Meg* now huh huh huh?**

* that's after the creator interviews that I invariably turn straight  to as soon as I've torn the plastic

**Doubtlessly it will be Lilly McKenzie, but you know what I mean...
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

TordelBack

Rufus' disillusionment with all of us bastards or not, this month's Meg TG was particularly good.  I read it twice.

Mike Gloady

Oh yeah.

LILLY MACKENZIE IN THE MEG!!!! WHOOOP!

And good luck to TG wherever it ends up, I know it has a loyal audience that will follow it and wish them well. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

coastguardjackuk

I welcomed TG into the megazine with open arms but feel it has completely overstayed it's welcome. I appreciate she is ultra high profile and has no doubt brought new readers to the megazine but enough is enough. Common sense. It's the megazine. I want all Dredd linked stories. Dont mind the odd diversive story but have really had enough now. When I think of all the black museums and new series or whatever we could have had over the last year or so I am gutted.
Building up a nice crust since 1969...