Main Menu

Godders

Started by Minkyboy, 23 November, 2012, 07:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 03 March, 2013, 05:07:02 PM
Scojo has got lots* of second chances by signing in under different names and I think Rog should be afforded the same courtesy should he decide to rejoin us eventually.

No, sorry, that's rubbish. Scojo hasn't been afforded any second chances -- he's actively circumvented his ban through deception and been kicked off the forum again as soon as it's become apparent that this is what's happened. That's hardly the same as the powers-that-be granting him some undeserved leniency.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

HdE

So.. does all this mean I can be the new Rog?
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

TordelBack

What Jim said.

For me the thing with Godpleton is this: some folk (me) find his act genuinely, side-splittingly, funny and when he's not 'performing' he's often a very informative and incisive contributor (his comics taste and analysis is impeccable, and his forum polls were always a treat) - he's a very intelligent man whose had his share of problems, and as I've said before, I never saw him be anything but warm and supportive when people were going through tough times; others find his regular schtick personally offensive, inappropriately abrasive or just deeply tiresome and unfunny, and that's fair enough: we all come here for fun and relaxation, if someone is repeatedly annoying you that's not much fun.

However he wasn't banned for the latter reasons, and he shouldn't be 'pardoned' for the former. 

He was banned for seriously* violating the CoC, and 'Suicide by Mod' does pretty much cover it.  As Owen pointed out up-thread, if Rog wanted to come back he could surely make advances in that direction - whatever else you might think about it, this site has the most reasonable 'management' team anywhere on the internet. 

I'd love to see him here again, at least as much as many of the other much-missed forum giants, he left me in stitches most days, but I'd say it's all up to James himself.

*As determined by those whose thankless generally voluntary job it is to determine such things

Professor Bear

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 March, 2013, 05:20:56 PM
Scojo hasn't been afforded any second chances -- he's actively circumvented his ban through deception and been kicked off the forum again as soon as it's become apparent that this is what's happened.

I haven't been on the board for the whole of the Scojo saga, but in my time I've read at least one "well, he's behaved himself so far" post from a mod (Wake, I think) allowing him to stay after being discovered.  I grant you this ended as one might expect.

Frank

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 03 March, 2013, 05:07:02 PM
It always seemed to me that Rog was amusing himself and I didn't sense vitriol from him like I have from some others on occasion.  Scojo has got lots* of second chances by signing in under different names and I think Rog should be afforded the same courtesy should he decide to rejoin us eventually.  If he has not already. * and lots and lots and lots and lots

There's a thought. I've made [spoiler]Scojo[/spoiler]'s acquaintance in a few different places and in various guises thanks to the release of the Dredd film. You would have thought the cinema and home video releases of Dredd would have seen him crawl underneath this site's barbwire fencing and try to avoid rousing the barking Alsatians of its moderators.  I can't remember seeing him pop up at all; did he not even bother, or has Webz blocked the IP address of every internet cafe and public library in the Greater London area?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie on 03 March, 2013, 06:01:51 PM
There's a thought. I've made [spoiler]Scojo[/spoiler]'s acquaintance in a few different places and in various guises thanks to the release of the Dredd film. You would have thought the cinema and home video releases of Dredd would have seen him crawl underneath this site's barbwire fencing and try to avoid rousing the barking Alsatians of its moderators.

Well, he's got what he wanted, hasn't he? They made a new Dredd film without using his screenplay, and it tanked. He had a bit of a crow about it in the wilderness that is the Usenet group, but I genuinely think this has derailed him more than a little.

Who knows? Perhaps it's finally prompted him to let go of this particular obsession. I genuinely hope that this is to the benefit of his mental well-being, but I suspect that he's probably just transferred wholesale to whichever segment of James Bond or Douglas Adams fandom fits with the delusional behaviour he can no longer indulge here.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

This decaying radio signal has only just reached my solar system.

We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 March, 2013, 01:59:13 AM

Are you going to model your whole culture on it?

(Please don't).

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 March, 2013, 08:43:08 AM

(Please don't).
Your're mom was modelling my culture last night.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 March, 2013, 11:09:30 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 07 March, 2013, 08:43:08 AM

(Please don't).
Your're mom was modelling my culture last night.

He lives to zing again! -choke-

Satanist

Mainly funny, sometimes annoying and occasionally a cunt.

We are ALL Roger Godpleton.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 07 March, 2013, 01:09:19 PM
Mainly funny, sometimes annoying and occasionally a cunt.

We are ALL Roger Godpleton.

Speak for yersell feckfeatures
DDT did a job on me

Spikes

Was Roger only 16?

TordelBack

Quote from: Judge Jack on 07 March, 2013, 04:26:30 PM
Was Roger only 16?

"...when he lost his virginity to a w**king machine/
Well I hope he came quick/
And I hope he came clean/
Young Roger Godpleton was he always obscene?/
Did it beat his m**t slowly/
Did it milk his s**k wholey..."

Proudhuff

Well that's the Green fields ruined for me now...  ::)
DDT did a job on me