Main Menu

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Started by Goaty, 07 April, 2016, 12:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Goaty

James Dilworth

Quote from: radiator on 24 June, 2016, 02:37:30 AM
Quote from: Tordelback on 23 June, 2016, 10:38:16 PM
Big-Dave's gag is by far the most interesting thing about those boring, awkward photos. I have a bad feeling about this.

Come, now. It could be worse:

Is that whatsherface from Game Of Thrones?

And Dr Who?

In a Terminator movie!?

When on earth is this coming out?  Or is it a new TV show?  Like the one with Lena Heady from Game of Thrones.

Grugz

been out a while not awful but not great either and yes, it is khaleesi and dr who (rumoured to be intrested in re-regenerating)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

James Dilworth

Terminator Genisys!  Good grief any knowledge of it must have completely vacated my brain!  :lol:

Suddenly I remember all the publicity with Arnie looking aaaaaaaaaancient.

TordelBack

I'm still a bit cold towards this movie after that BtS footage - I don't see much that excites me, with the exception of some excellent practical aliens: the furry Bistan guy in particular looks great. Jyn's montonous delivery has started to grate. And they are still banging on about their 'real sets': made your point, lads.  The missus remarked that if it wasn't for it the stormtroopers the footage could be any movie, but the Boy wants to see it NOW: which is surely the actual point.

Note that my misgivings are really about an uninspiring publicity campaign at this point. No doubt that I will change my tune when I've seen the actual film.

Goaty

Michael Knight

lol i truly loathed Terminator Genysis! Rogue one publicity already looks better than that. 

Pete Wells

I was at Star Wars Celebration this weekend and got to see the costumes and some props which was enough to get me all excited for the film. The deathtroopers and scarbtroopers look incredible!

I think the main sticking point is the look of parts of the film. In the bits we've seen, the Maldives footage actually looks like Earth, so it's very jarring. With the original trilogy, pretty much everything was extreme enough to look alien. Tattooine was the closest thing to home, but Lucas stuck an extra sun in there which was enough. Endor was similarly jarring, but those giant redwoods were again, just enough to transport me to an alien world.

TFA almost blows it. I can just about get away with Puzzlewood and Derwent Water but then the stupid Skellig Michel helicopter shot right at the end looks just Earth-enough to pull me out.

Still, most of what we've seen up to now is behind the scenes stuff so hopefully, there'll be enough set dressing and SFX to take me to a galaxy far, far away when the film is done. At the minute, all I can see is Canary Warf tube station and Maldives. It kinda reminds me of that San Fancisco Star Wars video (especially if we get a load of shakey hand footage) which I've always loved but wouldn't want a whole film of.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Pete Wells on 18 July, 2016, 07:17:21 AM
I think the main sticking point is the look of parts of the film. In the bits we've seen, the Maldives footage actually looks like Earth, so it's very jarring. With the original trilogy, pretty much everything was extreme enough to look alien. Tattooine was the closest thing to home, but Lucas stuck an extra sun in there which was enough. Endor was similarly jarring, but those giant redwoods were again, just enough to transport me to an alien world.

That's what it is. I was trying to figure out why I found those images so weird and unsatisfying. After all its a cool idea and you've cracked it Pete. Its to familar and doesn't feel other worldly.

Shame as the rest of the footage looks good to me.

COMMANDO FORCES

How many worlds have you lot been to 😂

Goaty

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 July, 2016, 09:58:37 PM
How many worlds have you lot been to 😂

Pete is from Sunderland you know. Anything else is going to look ordinary in comparison.

COMMANDO FORCES

pauljholden