Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

What we need is a democratic government, a communist society, a capitalist economy, an anarchic media and a free individual. I call it Demgovcomsoccapecoanamedfreindism - but I doubt it'll catch on.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

What we need is proper application of the law. Yes penalise people who abuse the welfare system; but penalise both the bastards such as HSBC who facilitate tax dodging and those who avail them selves of the ILLEGAL service provided. Transparency, accountability and equality under the law would be a help....it's not like I'm paying thousands of pounds a year in direct and indirect tax for the entertainment value.
The government need only act like the impartial broker we expect, in order to improve the situation and engender some societal buy in.
Not that it's likely to happen with the venal shower of garbage running the game now. Z

The Legendary Shark

The trouble stems from the debt. Ministers are more afraid of the money than they are of us. Change that and they'd soon come over to our side.
"When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow," as a far wiser man than I once said. To bastardise Mr T, we gotta' grab us some nuts.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

I would say the trouble is with the debt but from an opposite direction. This government and all possible governments within the whit of this current insane system  need the populace in general to be in debt. This tightens the noose of control over us: people in debt i.e. mortgages, loans etc don't revolt or even squeak for that matter.
Were the majority of the western populace not in some form of debt they would give a resounding 'go fuck' to the government and their Goldman Sachs/HSBC/hedge fund masters.
Debt is a prerequisite of the moral swamp we find ourselves currently mired in. Z

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 February, 2015, 02:09:11 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 February, 2015, 09:03:18 AM
RT's reporting it as a missile strike on a factory.

Ukraine is one area where I wouldn't trust RT one iota - they're still peddling the line that all those identically uniformed Russians with tanks and missile launchers are 'civilian volunteers'

Didn't one of RT's reporters quit on air due to their coverage of the Ukraine Crisis? I used to tune into RT every now and then, but I've avoided it ever since the start of the crisis in Ukraine.

The Legendary Shark

Exactly.
Rise up - you have nothing to lose but your debts.
The more people who figure out these debts are illusory, the less their power over all of us. Strike back using their own weapons - if the bank charges you £25 for sending you a letter, charge them £25 for reading it and another £25 for replying. When you get sent a Council Tax bill, tell them that you'll consider the Council's tender and then make them a counter-offer. Refuse to pay nothing but do not accept demands - wrangle and offer to pay what you think is fair. Read the letters and forms they use against you, copy the style and mirror it back to them. If the council/government want to see you - YOU make the appointment for them, at your place, at a time to suit you. If they get pissy, start charging them for your time and inconvenience.  These buggers work for you, not the other way around, and they have no more rights than you do. Be a mirror - treat them how they treat you; with authority.
(Says the homeless man...)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Larry King now works for RT.
His show is called PoliticKing and his teeth don't seem to fit properly any more but there he is. RT has a very interesting mix of content, I find. While BBC News 24 is wiffling on about the Oscars or some other puff, RT tends to be concentrating on more important things.
I wouldn't take anything RT (or any news channel) says at face value but I do find their style and coverage to be far more substantial than BBCN24.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 February, 2015, 07:09:43 PM
Larry King now works for RT.
His show is called PoliticKing and his teeth don't seem to fit properly any more but there he is. RT has a very interesting mix of content, I find. While BBC News 24 is wiffling on about the Oscars or some other puff, RT tends to be concentrating on more important things.
I wouldn't take anything RT (or any news channel) says at face value but I do find their style and coverage to be far more substantial than BBCN24.

There's undoubtedly some very interesting programmes shown on RT, but their coverage of the news, particularly the Ukraine crisis, does show a strong bias towards Russia. Obviously it is a Russian channel, but it makes for uncomfortable viewing. When that passenger jet was shot down over Ukraine RT's coverage seemed to mostly involve the reporters saying "It was nothing to do with us. Honest".

ZenArcade

That is the ideal way forward. However the majority of people have cares, woes, husbands, wives, children and are debilitated and stripped of their heart by the flow of bullshit which persumably flows through their letterbox on a daily basis. There needs to be an alternative put forward which allows people to hecome free and not the slaves they are made to be at the moment. This is wistful in the sense that, again, and I do over paraphrase Orwell: in his prole spiel he states they can never be free untill they are conscious and can never be conscious untill they are free. I feel we are pretty much in an analogous fashion, in the same position. Z

Theblazeuk

Unsurprisingly for a state led by the head of a frighteningly competent personality cult, RT receives a huge amount of funding - almost in parallel to the BBC's World Service (and Global News) cuts to funding.

The Legendary Shark

Well yes, the strategy has not worked so well for me so far but I'm not giving up - much as I might want to. I risked my all on this strategy and lost, as most of you know, but I only lost because the council cheated and acted beyond its jurisdiction and beyond its powers. Of course, you all only have my word for this and many of you think I'm full of shit anyway so I don't blame anyone for taking no notice of me.
I find I cannot tolerate the system's invasive and ruthless nature any longer. Whatever they throw at me I reflect right back at them - co-operation reflects co-operation, demands and ultimatums reflect the same.
I think of the guy from the film Network (Howard Beale?) - the "mad as Hell" man - and his speech about "just leave us alone in our own homes!" But they don't leave us alone, do they? The system pushes its way into everything we do and I for one have had enough. F*ck the system - I don't belong to it - it belongs to me and I'll call on it when I need it and help it when it deserves it. I'm damn well going to treat it that way until it starts treating me with the respect a human being deserves. Or until it crushes me. Either way, f*ck it.
As to that downed passenger jet over Ukraine, there was an interesting documentary about that on RT recently which raised some interesting points. None of the eye-witnesses saw a missile, or the telltale exhaust plume of the missile the West assumes was used. Crash investigators were kept away from the site by the Ukranian government and NATO. Bodies were left where they lay for nearly two days. Photos of the wreckage appeared to show bullet holes in the cockpit of the passenger jet, suggesting it was gunned down by a Russian-made fighter jet. And just why was a civilian airliner flying over a war zone?
Something's not right in the Ukraine. Something going beyond, and behind, the obvious. The Ukranians and I are fighting against the same vampire squid; unfortunately for them, they have more tentacles to cope with than I do.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

They flew a plane near a war zone. Well I'm subject to correction but warzones are replete with the two things inimical to passenger jets those being hyped up adolescent/post adolescent males with an I'm not gonna die and this is all a game anyways; coupled with a surfeit of western/soviet bloc weaponry
In additionto that we have an east west 'juxtaposition' with a russian nut and an americn cypher who ain't Kennedy and Kruschev.

And nothing was going to happen? Z

I love the way the only real politician in the world (like or love) Angela Merkle looks like a rabbit in headlights at the moment.....it may possibly have dawned on her that these semi literate pricks actually have the capacity to kill us all. Z

Taryn Tailz

For those who want to see it, here's the video of the RT reporter who resigned on air over RT's coverage of the Ukraine crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55izx6rbCqg

Theblazeuk

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 February, 2015, 08:27:14 PM
As to that downed passenger jet over Ukraine, there was an interesting documentary about that on RT recently which raised some interesting points. None of the eye-witnesses saw a missile, or the telltale exhaust plume of the missile the West assumes was used. Crash investigators were kept away from the site by the Ukranian government and NATO. Bodies were left where they lay for nearly two days. Photos of the wreckage appeared to show bullet holes in the cockpit of the passenger jet, suggesting it was gunned down by a Russian-made fighter jet. And just why was a civilian airliner flying over a war zone?
Something's not right in the Ukraine. Something going beyond, and behind, the obvious. The Ukranians and I are fighting against the same vampire squid; unfortunately for them, they have more tentacles to cope with than I do.

Crash investigators were kept away from the site by the militia originally, I believe.