Main Menu

Your Last Meal..........

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 15 September, 2013, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16 September, 2013, 12:36:03 PM
It's "Breakfast, Dinner, Tea" surely?

Where my lot hail from, aka the bog, 'Dinner' is the main meal and is eaten in the middle of the day.  'Tea' is something you're called in from playing for, with the real danger of a contiguous bedtime.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16 September, 2013, 12:36:03 PM

Absolutely not round our way. Lunch is always the meal taken in the middle of the day, although the precise boundary between a late lunch and an early dinner is somewhat vague. Dinner is usually reserved for the evening meal if it's the main meal of the day, but becomes tea if it's a lighter meal due to lunch having been the main meal.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

Where I'm from Dinner is used for either Lunch or Tea if it's the main meal.
If I'm going to my mum's for a Sunday roast she'll often ask 'Do you want your dinner at lunch time or tea time?'

Tiplodocus

I base mine purely on the time of the day not the size of the meal. 

My dinner time is always the middle of the day regardless of whether I have a sandwich or curry with all the trimmings. 

And tea is always last meal of the day even if it's Sunday evening and all we eat is some leftovers.

Anyway...

Salad Sandwich form the canteen (I forgot to bring my own dinner in); roast, peppers, sun dried tomatoes, lettuce, tomato and red onion.  Plus a pink lady apple and some lovely lemon cake made by one of the lasses at my bank of desks.

Does that copunt as a meal?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

I'm with the hobbits on this one - it's breakfast, elevenses, brunch, lunch, tea, dinner and then supper (with snacks in between of course).

As for telling what class you are, you just need to look where you can see your name written at work - if it's on the building, you're upper class; if it's on your desk you're middle class and if it's on your shirt you're working class.

As for my nosh - leftover chilli from the freezer last night, salmon tonight (15 mins in foil in the oven with lemon juice, dill, salt'n'pepper ... mmm)

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 September, 2013, 01:55:56 PM
I'm with the hobbits on this one - it's breakfast, elevenses, brunch, lunch, tea, dinner and then supper (with snacks in between of course).

I don't think he knows about Second Breakfast, Pip.

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Judge Jack on 15 September, 2013, 01:33:50 PM
Seeing this thread - and before id read through it, i thought you was asking what 'last meal' would we choose before they sent us to the electric chair....

Indeed and I thought "Jesus, a leftover chicken meal?!?" :)

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 16/09/2013 at at 04:21:04 AM

Turkey meatballs and wheat pasta with tomato sauce.

As for what my last meal would be if I had to choose, I'd go for a good ol fashioned double cheeseburger with bacon and grilled onions etc oh yes.

I used to eat those Microwave Cheese Burgers before my diet.

That was pretty close to what I used to have, but not exact!

Quote from: JamesC on 16/09/2013 at 08:59:45 AM

If you're on *death row, surely your last film to watch should be The Green Mile or Dead Man Walking.

*(Fixed that for you!)

Good call  :lol:

Quote from: Radbacker on 16/09/2013  at 09:27:30 AM

Saturday night was BBQ night so a nice piece of Scotch Fillet Steak (hey its steak you have to get the good stuff) done on the Weber Q with a salad (drowned in French Dressing) and last night was a Rice Chow-mein dish of my own devising (Beef Mince, Cabbage, Stir-Fry veggies, 2 minute noodles all fried in a Oyster/Soya/Worhcester sauce mix).  Mnn I'm hungry now.

CU Radbacker

Now, I remember eating Scotch Fillet Steak or Red Eye Fillet Steak my faovorite, but I don't have home cooked meals now.

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16/09/2013 at 12:36:03 PM

Quote from: TordelBack on 16/09/2013 at 12:41:08 PM

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16/09/2013 at 12:36:03 PM

Where my lot hail from, aka the bog, 'Dinner' is the main meal and is eaten in the middle of the day.  'Tea' is something you're called in from playing for, with the real danger of a contiguous bedtime.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16/09/2013 at 12:51:21 PM

[quote from: Tiplodocus on 16/09/2013 at 12:36:03 PM]

Absolutely not round our way. Lunch is always the meal taken in the middle of the day, although the precise boundary between a late lunch and an early dinner is somewhat vague. Dinner is usually reserved for the evening meal if it's the main meal of the day, but becomes tea if it's a lighter meal due to lunch having been the main meal.

Cheers!

Jim

Quote from: JamesC on 16/09/2013 at 12:53:51 PM

Where I'm from Dinner is used for either Lunch or Tea if it's the main meal.
If I'm going to my mum's for a Sunday roast she'll often ask 'Do you want your dinner at lunch time or tea time?'

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16/09/2013 at 01:03:40 PM

I base mine purely on the time of the day not the size of the meal. 

My dinner time is always the middle of the day regardless of whether I have a sandwich or curry with all the trimmings. 

And tea is always last meal of the day even if it's Sunday evening and all we eat is some leftovers.

Anyway...

Salad Sandwich form the canteen (I forgot to bring my own dinner in); roast, peppers, sun dried tomatoes, lettuce, tomato and red onion.  Plus a pink lady apple and some lovely lemon cake made by one of the lasses at my bank of desks.

Does that *count as a meal?

*(Fixed that for you!)

We always call it Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon tea, Dinner or Tea.... But we've stopped having those extra two meals Morning Tea, Afternoon tea a long time ago. Except when I was working two days a week for five and a half hours a day for a few months last year where I would always have Morning Tea two hours before Lunch!

Quote from: Dandontdare on the 16/09/2013 at 01:55:56 PM

As for telling what class you are, you just need to look where you can see your name written at work - if it's on the building, you're upper class; if it's on your desk you're middle class and if it's on your shirt you're working class.

As for my nosh - leftover chilli from the freezer last night, salmon tonight (15 mins in foil in the oven with lemon juice, dill, salt'n'pepper ... mmm)

I always consider having second breakfast with snacks in between the other three meals so I must have some Hobbit in me and I used to eat heated up Stag Chilli(Lean or fat!) for either Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. Sometimes I just eat it raw out straight out of the can.....

Now I thought there were two kinds of Stagg Chilli, but it seems there are more. Anyway they only sell two kinds where I live.

Quote from: TordelBack on 16/ 09/2013 at 02:05:50 PM

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16/09/2013 at 01:55:56 PM

I don't think he knows about Second Breakfast, Pip.

I do know and I always consider having it. In fact I getting a graving for some Ham & Cheese Sandwhiches right now!

As for my Dinner or tea last night, I had the Roast Beef with Creamed Califlower, Pumpkin, Peas and Potatoes....

Always with a can of Coke Zero....

Daveycandlish

Re where you see your name at work; what if it's on your knuckles? What class is that?

Oh, and my last meal was cake.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 September, 2013, 09:17:25 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 September, 2013, 08:00:30 AM
... if you look up the term in the dictionary, it just says "See: Jim Campbell" ...

This applies to fully half the entries in the Profanisaurus.

Badoom-tish!  ThryllSeekyr - are those calorie controlled dinners which you're not making yourself supermarket ready meals or those posh ready meals that Kylie Minogue has delivered by hand to her house, which keep her arse looking like that?

M.I.K.

Breakfast in morning, dinner in middle of day, tea is late afternoon/early evening, (unless it's the beverage), supper is the last meal of the day unless deep fried and preceded by such words as 'Fish', 'Smoked Sausage', or 'Haggis' and served with chips, in which case it can be eaten at any time of day whatsoever. Lunch does not exist except where preceded with the word 'packed' and is usually found in what is known as a 'lunch-box' along with a thermos full of juice, a bag of crisps, an apple, either a penguin, (the chocolate biscuit not the flightless bird), or a viscount, (the chocolate biscuit not a member of the European aristocracy), and peanut butter sandwiches that your mum has made, despite you repeatedly telling her not to because the peanut butter 'sweats' after a while and the consistency goes all minging and stuff.

I'm about to have fish and chips and spring rolls.

I am clearly working class.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 16 September, 2013, 05:31:34 PM...those posh ready meals that Kylie Minogue has delivered by hand to her house, which keep her arse looking like that?

Cheap at any price.

Tonight: lazy family staple of spaghetti carbonara and garlic bread.  Eggs were too small, should have used 4 instead of 3, Lidl mature cheddar not great substitute for parmesan. But basically grand. 

maryanddavid

QuoteLunch is always the meal taken in the middle of the day, although the precise boundary between a late lunch and an early dinner is somewhat vague. Dinner is usually reserved for the evening meal if it's the main meal of the day, but becomes tea if it's a lighter meal due to lunch having been the main meal.

That exactly the way it is in this part of the world too.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: sauchie on 16 September, 2013, 05:31:34 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 16 September, 2013, 09:17:25 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 September, 2013, 08:00:30 AM
... if you look up the term in the dictionary, it just says "See: Jim Campbell" ...

This applies to fully half the entries in the Profanisaurus.

Badoom-tish!  ThryllSeekyr - are those calorie controlled dinners which you're not making yourself supermarket ready meals or those posh ready meals that Kylie Minogue has delivered by hand to her house, which keep her arse looking like that?

and have them Theses Breakfast/Dinners are ordered over the telephone. Today is day five, and so we'll order them tomorrow and have them delivered by Thursday. No, Kylie Minogue doesn't bring it to our door. For the next two days we have ham nad cheese sandwiches and home cooked dinners.

We buy Coke Zero by the carton, sometimes two cartons......

or trays......

Last night I had can Four Ex Gold beer with my meal.

I'll be having breakfast soon.

JamesC

Thryllseekyr, you eat like Mad Max would eat if he came across a fully stocked bunker.