Main Menu

My secret Second life

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 August, 2009, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

I was thinking the same thing Uncle Fester! We could set up our own little "clubhouse" in there and could meet up with each other for chats every so often....

God I sound sad...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: uncle fester on 20 August, 2009, 10:34:28 AM
I saw a Slaine-alike (minus axe) when I had a go but god knows where. By all accounts it is possible to mod your character into anything, so maybe even a Judge could be possible. Which would be amusing.

I'm guessing Nemesis might prove trickier...

...Now I'm thinking it would be really funny if a bunch of us all went on as 2000ad characters...

Now that i would be interested in.....
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

GordonR

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-best-griefing-videos-ever/a-2008031014489843002/p-4

First video in the link:  THIS is the only worthwhile thing that Second Life has given the world..

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Van Dom

That's just taking the mickey.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

ThryllSeekyr

This is the first SnapShot I took of my self before I revisoned my appearance in the Editors. Here, I look even less like myself.

Quote from: Van Dom on 20 August, 2009, 09:51:11 AM
Stop it T/S you're getting me interested in trying this thing out again! Although I already live in Dublin so probably not much point hanging out there! Can you model yourself on anything? Could you make yourself look like a 2000ad character or are you limited to clothes they supply etc? It would be cool if you could design yourself as Slaine and wander around like that!!!

Yes, just about everything can scaled up or down on a scale of one to one hundred.

I chose Dublin, because I have never been there and it's supposed to be a authentic reproduction. I'm not sure if I can leave the virtual location for any of the other weird and wonderful places on the server..

It's one of the very few real world places made available and I thought there was a law against doing real world locations in games and things like this. Something to do anti-terrorism counter measures.

As for clothing . I have made my own with Clothing Edittor they give you.. It's really needed.unless you want to walk around virtualley naked or the cloth you really start with.. It's a clothing optional enviroment outdoors anyway. If you look closely at my pictures, you'll notice a difference in clothing textures. Between the ones I made --photos taken of me sitting on a bench at the univercity grounds and in a disco sittng on a lounge-- and the ones I got off the cardboard dummies.--all the other pictures I have used.My early set of clothing are just really painted over my avatars body without adding a extra layer or textures.Though I do beleive their is a rippling effect, unless thats how they want my skin to look. You'll notice that also in one of those pictures I've mentioned. The close up.

Slaine would be quite easy to design. Espiecially for those Slaine artists who have mastered the creative parts of Second Life.

As for the Slaine hair. Second Life should allow you to add virtual gel or the iron age celt equivelent of it. Alternativly, you can start with the virtual punk hair style often typified by most celtis and modern day mal-contents. The simple Liberty Spikes is a must, but I reckon Slaine is more a champoin of the iron age mullet..At times it can be a spiked mullet, but it is a mullet, none the less. Long at the back, short at the front. I think you could add a Rail-tail to it as well. I'm not sure if you get a tarten pattern or even a two-tone colour in the clothing textures at the start. Iif you shop around, your bound to find a shop that sells a variety of checkered pants.Espeically in a place like Dublin.With a clothing editor, it would take abit more programming to get the fur cloak, & boots, harness, the gold torc with matching arm bands.

Uncle Fester did mention seeing a Judge Dredd shop.

Quote from: Van Dom on 20 August, 2009, 10:44:24 AM
I was thinking the same thing Uncle Fester! We could set up our own little "clubhouse" in there and could meet up with each other for chats every so often....

God I sound sad...

Now, if a server could be put aside for all of our ilk just alone. A virtual London or just the street block where Tharg towers stand or once stood. Inside you would find a virtual Tharg, surrounded by all his droid helpers, and staff. There would be a virtual pub with a bar and a virtual comic book convention centre. There would be virtual magical portals to places like Nu-Earth, Mega City One, Termight and Slaine's Land of the Young. Filled with three diminesional dioramas of your favorite events in 2000AD history.

Am I only dreaming. The possibilities.

In this picture as well as the last one, I have chose to use the flying function to levitate over the univercity grounds when I went to work on my own appaerance earlier. Thsi was before I talk those other snaps. You can tell by the lack of clothing texture. Less people to bump into while I'm levitating up here. Fortunitely for everybody else watching. I left my cloths on. Something I didn't do the first time around while standing in one of the outer court yards.As I stood out there ffor half a hour getting my body shape just right. I later retired to the libary to edit my clothing.

Quote from: peterwolf on 20 August, 2009, 12:44:22 PM
Quote from: uncle fester on 20 August, 2009, 10:34:28 AM
I saw a Slaine-alike (minus axe) when I had a go but god knows where. By all accounts it is possible to mod your character into anything, so maybe even a Judge could be possible. Which would be amusing.

I'm guessing Nemesis might prove trickier...

...Now I'm thinking it would be really funny if a bunch of us all went on as 2000ad characters...

Now that i would be interested in.....

I might have tried doing that, myself, but I thought duplcatiing myself would be challenge. heultimiate and very personal challenge.

It't's in this picture and the next one that I had got my hair perfect. Thats exactly like my real head of hair, right down to the bangs at the front.Unfortunitly, there wasn't something quite right about my face and if your familer with Australian televsion and current affairs news within the last wenty years. You might notice the resembalance to a well known news identity. Well, that look is a mistake. I don't really look like this.

On closer inspection, my hair is spot on here. My face is still not quite my own. Unfortunitly, when I altered my head and face more, It threw my hair further off how it was and should have been. So the hair I ended up wih isn't quite mine either. Though it's closer enough and will do for Second Life.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 August, 2009, 01:42:27 PM
Hope that's now TS...

This was where I left myself, last time I logged in and took a snapshot, which was last night.

I'm still in the Gothic castle and I just found this interesting mural to stand infront of.

As you see, Second Life is still downloading the textures to my clothing and whats this I wonder?

Multiple images of Judge Dredd getting laid.

This of course was about a week after my trip to the first virtually real pub in Dublin, after returning from my teleport to Shamrock Island where I found that sunken longboat and the SeaHenge. Most probably ficticous places. I teleport therein the first place when I was looking for other significan places of interest in Virtual Ireland. Though I guess there is nothing beyond the border of virtual Dublin. Though there was mention of the infamous Blarney Stone. It's suposedly virtually duplicated.

Should be interesting, but not half as musch as the real one. I guess.

DavidXBrunt

Anyone ever tell you that you virtually look like Viv Stanshall?

GordonR

To get back to your original point, TS...

QuoteAs I interested in using the Internet as means ofincome. I did some research into what online games you can legally make money from. As I had heard thet in Asia they have gold farms in games like "World of Warcraft". I have also heard that this only within Asia and it's actuialley illegal where I live.

But I will keep trying.

It was last fortnight that I decided to join up here.

As they say that you can make money here.

How is this helping you make money online?

uncle fester

This woman did pretty well out of it.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/techbeat/archives/2006/11/second_lifes_fi.html

Flogged it to someone else for the real-life value as I recall.

DavidXBrunt

I've resisted saying this but my partners brother in law is employed by Second Life.

He started off playing it and has since been involved in creating characters for people to interact with. He spent at least a week being a fatally injured child suffering from serious burns and interacting with student nurses.

He's also been sent o Glastonbury along with his second-life wife to take photos and help map out a Glastonbury simulation. Oh yeah. Virtual Glastonbury.

Peter Wolf

What is your time spent on Second Life supposed to acheive ?

What is the point of it ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: peterwolf on 21 August, 2009, 01:22:54 PM
What is your time spent on Second Life supposed to acheive ?

What is the point of it ?

And more importantly, can you be a cyber criminal and steal your fortune from others? NOw that would be fun.

Van Dom

Oh yeah, like a Grand Theft Auto version of Second Life. You know, that WOULD be fun!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

James Stacey

might the game be more fun if the graphics looked less like everquest 1 ?
and if there was less yiffing of course.