Main Menu

I've just thought of a fun thing to do

Started by death monkey 23, 28 November, 2001, 01:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

they are a bunch of idiots at Barbelith Underground message board.  I'm currently logged on as 100% new by accident.  They are a bunch of idiots.

I think it would be well funny if we all registered with stupid names and then spammed their boards until we got kicked out.

Tu-plang

kick arse, man.  What is this message board anyway?

Wood

Good God, man.

I can't believe you're honestly advocating trolling another board.

Who gives a damn if you don't like them? You JUST DON'T DO THAT! You don't like a board, you don't go there, simple as that.

What you DO NOT (repeat: DO NOT) do is piss on someone's parade just for the fun of it.

Barbelith's the Grant Morrison board, IIRC. That's really going to promote the OFFICIAL 2000AD site if people from the board go over there and bring it down, isn't it?

That's pathetic.

Link: http://www.albion.com/netiquette/" target="_blank">How to behave on the internet like a responsible a

death monkey 23

Yes, but if you just spammed the crap section of the board, for instance the part where people keep bollocksing on about

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, then that would be good.

Jim_Campbell

> Yes, but if you just spammed the crap
> section of the board, for instance the part
> where people keep bollocksing on about

> ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, then that would
> be good.

Have I read this correctly? Am I to understand that _you_ are complaining about off-topic drivel on someone's message board?

Mr Pot, I'd like to introduce to Mr Kettle. Can you guess what colour he is?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

evil.genius

Wood is absolutely right. If you don't like a board, don't go to it. If you think a part of a board is crap, ignore that part and post on the parts you do like. Who are we to decide what a crap discussion is? I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who consider this entire board to be so much dross.

Fifty

A bunch of us from a Championship Manager website made an exception once.  One of our guys found a website that promoted Gang murder, rape and assault on women, that sort of thing, so some of us spent about a week making sure the site was virtally unuseable.  They prolly just moved their board to a new site, but at least we inconvenienced the wankers.

Wood

But that is surely not the same as trolling a pretty polite alternative culture message board because of some imagined slight, is it?

And what's this crap about making alliances and attacking enemies? Is DM23 mad?

Fifty

death monkey 23