Main Menu

GARTH ENNIS PLANES and BOYS

Started by Tiplodocus, 02 October, 2008, 10:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Notice that Battlefields issue at comic shop think that was about Koren War.

Proudhuff

Quote from: dodsy on 14 November, 2012, 12:34:10 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 13 November, 2012, 08:48:33 PM
So, did nobody buy the first issue of the new Battlefields series last week? I saw it in the window of FP but haven't been in town during the day.

I picked it up last weekend but haven't had chance to read it yet.

On a related note: Does anyone know where I can get me hands on The Tankies pt3? From the first series of Battlefields. I think it was issue 9 overall. I was out of work at the time and couldn't afford to pick it up when it was released and I've never been able to find it since. I've got all the rest.

I'll have a rake about, see if its in the Huffington cellars...

and thanks for the heads up on the new battlefields, I'm away from my usual workplace so not handy for FP/Deadheed comics, so will have to make a trip 
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Have a lookk only the second series I'm afraid, must have dumped the first when I got the collected hardback.
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Crikey. Am I the only person who braved the crowds today to pick up the last issue of The Boys? It's very anticlimactic in my opinion. The end did have me thinking of the song Garth would've picked if he still quoted Pogues lyrics in every other story like what he used to.

I think I'll try and give the whole series a reread in the next month or so then, because I really don't think it's going to be one to keep for posterity, try and flog it if anyone's interested.
We never really die.

Alski

I liked the ending, it had to be a bit more subtle (and sweet). The likes of VA will never go away, they just come back with a different suit on.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Satanist

Cosh is just an auld cynic ;) I liked it and will prob start my full re-read next month.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dodsy

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 November, 2012, 10:06:57 AM
Have a lookk only the second series I'm afraid, must have dumped the first when I got the collected hardback.

Cheers Huff. I'm at Thought Bubble this weekend so may get luck (althought if I couldn't find it at San Diego I'm not holding my breath lol).

I picked up the last issue today. I think it was anti-climatic but it went. I feel the real ending was either 65(?) or 71 and this just tied together the last couple of threads.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dandontdare

The lastest trade I had was Swords of a Thousand men (vol 11) with The Bloody Doors Off (vol12) on preorder - woul;d this be the last, or are there enough isues to run to vol.13 too? Any other tradewaiters out there?  :D

Batman's Superior Cousin

Fellow Tradewaiter planning to buy the FINAL two trades at Newcastle next January/February-time!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Proudhuff

the final one was a bit of an anti climax but fitting, (that cover lied!!) still the doors open for future reboots...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dodsy

Will be picking it up tomorrow or Saturday depending on how things go. Might need to re-read the 1st issue again though, I'm getting old lol.
Twitter - @dodsy84

I, Cosh

I'll be getting this one in trade, if at all. These stories are made to be read in one go and I wasn't terribly keen on the previous tank ones. Anyone know what other stories will be in this Battlefields run?

I was quite surprised to see the final Boys trade in the shops about a fortnight after the last issue. It must be almost a year since the final issue of Northlanders and DC still don't seem to have a collection for me to buy.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 December, 2012, 01:54:19 PM
I'll be getting this one in trade, if at all. These stories are made to be read in one go and I wasn't terribly keen on the previous tank ones. Anyone know what other stories will be in this Battlefields run?

Its another story featuring Anna Kharkova (yes I did have to look that up) from Night witches and Motherland (was it called?) ... in fact here's the solicitation.

QuoteGarth Ennis' Battlefields #4: The Fall and Rise of Anna Kharkova Part 1

Written By: Garth Ennis

Art By: Garry Leach

Cover By: Garry Leach

Description: The heroine of The Night Witches and Motherland flies straight into trouble as her aircraft is shot down behind German lines. Anna faces her worst nightmare as a prisoner of the Nazis, and events are set in motion that will see her made an outcast amongst her own people. The third and last installment of the Night Witches' story begins here.

32 pages, $3.99.

Though I don't think the interior art is by Gary Leach I think its actually Russ Braun who did the others.

I should be picking up Tankies III #2 tomorrow, really looking forward to it as I enjoyed the first issue as much as I did all the previous ones.

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 December, 2012, 01:54:19 PM
I was quite surprised to see the final Boys trade in the shops about a fortnight after the last issue. It must be almost a year since the final issue of Northlanders and DC still don't seem to have a collection for me to buy.

It's in the shops? So why does my preorder keep getting put back? Grrrr.

You're right though - DC are very slow when it comes to collected trades. I'm still looking for stories predatuing the big realunch. The Boys on the otehr hand is perfect for tradewaiters, as they get'em out PDQ.