Main Menu

Desolation Jones anyone?

Started by Bart Oliver, 29 April, 2006, 04:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Oliver

Finally read the last part of Made In England.

Premise generally good.

Plot in this instance was reasonable.

Artwork sublime.

Care to share thoughts?

Ol
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bico

Been waiting for the last issue before I read the rest, on the basis that Ellis might take another Ministry of Space-type breather/creative huff.  That, and it seems to be new ground for him - a lone agent working outside the law against the machinations of 'the man'.
I noted that Glen Larson tv shows (Buck Rogers, Fall Guy, Knight Rider, etc) all feature essentially the same character either centrally, or as the main character - that character is Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica, and if he ain't chasing poontang, he's drinking or getting in fights while running from 'the man'.  I put it to you all that Warren Ellis is the Glen Larson of comics, and demand he do an update of Knight Rider in much the same way as Andy Diggle gave us the overlong and eventually cringe-inducing update of the A Team.
Snake Pliskin at the wheel of KITT, mashed off his tits on whiskey and future-drugs, gun in one hand and massive Cuban cigar in the other - that's why he needs KITT to drive, see?  Otherwise he'd be plowing through a bus queue of schoolchildren.  I'd buy that comic, especially if it had dinosaurs in it.

Bart Oliver

Obviously you're not a golfer.