Main Menu

Totally gratuitous

Started by Tiplodocus, 29 January, 2009, 12:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Got Durham Red: The Empty Suns from the library and was reacquainted with her half-minge costume.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

uncle fester

The new Bond Girl playing a Russian prostitute in Hitman...

Action!
Cue Wardrobe malfunction...
...linger a bit longer...
Cut!

(Repeat for each scene)

Added to the gritty, real life, down-to-earth-ness, displayed throughout the rest of the movie.........

TordelBack

The entire concept and execution, nay existence, of BBC TV series Naked.  Apparently, the scientifically-determined epitome of self-awareness and self-confidence is to be able to parade naked in striptease-cum-catwalk fashion in front of your co-workers, friends and family.  I'm here to tell you that this is bollocks - I lack anything approaching self-confidence to an almost pathological degree, but i have no problem whatsoever being naked in front of people (said people may have a different view), despite having a fluctuating beer-belly, nascent moobs and a resolutely average wang.  I just don't really care, which does not equate to self-confidence.  So could it be argued that the use of prolonged full-frontal nudity is in fact irrelevant to the stated aim of the show - unless the aim of the show is to actually to draw prurient viewers?

Roger Godpleton

I had it on in the background and it's almost surreal how pointless it is. It's doesn't even adequately cater to its intended perv demographic.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

the shutdown man

This poster emphasising the, um, strengths of this particular horror film;

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Adrian Bamforth

I always admired the fact that Primivel actually at least went to the trouble of coming up with a reason rather than just doing it anyway, and getting a bit of comedy out of it into the bargain.

Much as I admired the excellent Clint Eastwood directed 'Changeling' it did make me wonder if it really required the camera  to slowly pan down as the incarcerated Angelina is taunted in the asylum showers.

TordelBack

Speaking of Primeval, wasn't the third season due to start in January?  Any sign of it, bar the rather cool trailer?

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uObpmSWvL_8&eurl=http://danowen.blogspot.com/2008/12/primeval-season-3-trailer-merlin.html

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "Adrian Bamforth"I
Much as I admired the excellent Clint Eastwood directed 'Changeling'  ...

Sorry, Ade ... you lost me at "Angelina" and "shower" ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

satchmo

There's a really gratuitous scene of Nicole Kidman naked in Billy Bathgate, but I've never met anyone else who has seen it. It's kind of like Ishtar with gangsters.

Peter Wolf

Sharon stone in the famous scene in Basic Instinct.

Quote from: "TordelBack"The entire concept and execution, nay existence, of BBC TV series Naked.  Apparently, the scientifically-determined epitome of self-awareness and self-confidence is to be able to parade naked in striptease-cum-catwalk fashion in front of your co-workers, friends and family.  I'm here to tell you that this is bollocks - I lack anything approaching self-confidence to an almost pathological degree, but i have no problem whatsoever being naked in front of people (said people may have a different view), despite having a fluctuating beer-belly, nascent moobs and a resolutely average wang.  I just don't really care, which does not equate to self-confidence.  So could it be argued that the use of prolonged full-frontal nudity is in fact irrelevant to the stated aim of the show - unless the aim of the show is to actually to draw prurient viewers?

It *is* Bollox because i am [too] self confident and in very good shape but there is no way i would  do 100% nudity in front of anyone except a partner.I dont like my knob hanging out.I prefer it tucked away.Thats my preference and self awareness /confidence has naff all to do with it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

worldshown

Quote from: "peterwolf"I dont like my knob hanging out.I prefer it tucked away.

Was anybody else thinking "Silence of the Lambs" at this point?  :)

Mardroid

I agree. I'm not that confidant, but I don't see my stripping off as a way to 'get better.' Or see why throwing oneself off of a platform from a height with elastic attached to my feet will make me brave enough to expose myself. The logic was, if you can do this, you can do that. Surely fear of falling is completely different from the modesty of keeping one's bits covered?

I'm kind of amused by the idea of the programme though, and I confess I did watch it the other day. Probably for the wrong reasons... I thought it would be one of those cop-outs where they're actually in bikini's etc, but no... it wasn't. They were covered for part of the routine but towels were drawn aside.