Main Menu

G.I Joe: The Rise Of Cobra

Started by Goaty, 03 August, 2009, 10:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I don't really know who Sienna Miller is. I don't think I've ever seen a film she is in.

But she was on Top Gear a few weeks ago and she's a bit of a stunner (if a bit skinny!)

I'll maybe have to check this out to check her out in the leather outfit!

I, Cosh

Explodey nonsense.

The ending was a bit abrupt. I take it the "call me commander" bit has some relevance to the sequel?

Evil leather chicks are always welcome round my manor, but I liked the redhead better.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Tiny Tips enjoyed it and I can see why people would say it's not as bad as it could be but surely we should have slightly better standards than that.

I did like the International element of it (otherwise it would have been Team America).

Much unintentional hilarity ("The French are very annoyed") and pretty ordinary effects (big screen definitely showed up the many flaws) and the final battle was the usual too much of everything flung at the screen and hope some of it sticks. I actually thought the very first bout of shootybang was the best.

Redhead definitely nicer.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

PsychoGoatee

Hell yes, Rachel Nichols as Scarlett is awesomely hot. :D

I saw Rise of Cobra twice, really fun movie. Somehow it captures the fun feel of the '80s Joe comics, even though its not entirely true to their plot.

I'm certainly excited for some sequels, they can't come soon enough.

bluemeanie

Saw it yesterday, was really fun stuff.
In fact it was so good that not even a frigging Wayans brother doing his "Hello, I am a wayans brother, HELLO! Look at ME!!" routine could spoil it.