Main Menu

Hivemind failure: Freakangels

Started by Trout, 21 August, 2009, 02:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

What the hell is the matter with you people?

Why did nobody tell me about Warren Ellis' damned fine web comic Freakangels?

If you've not read it, have a look at the Wyndham-inspired gem. There are 65 episodes in the archive, so be warned it may kill your day!

http://www.freakangels.com/?p=23

Cheers

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

Darn you to heck. I was going to do something worthwhile this afternoon...

Trout

Mwa-haaaa-haaaaaaaaaa-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

DavidXBrunt

I've a good mind not to send you a stick of Llandudno rock. You rotter.

Tweak72

Erm... I thought every one knew? I mean, I assumed that I wasn't the only one on the Bad signal and TBH most people here just nod, smile nervously and back away when I tell them stuff... I suppose it would be a bad thing to point out you can buy the first two Volumes and the third one is imminently about to be released from Avatar? Or he has some thing called Ignition City also from Avatar that you will appreciate if you like the old Buster Crabb Flash Gordon and Buck Rodgers serials? Um... Right. Sorry.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Emperor

Quote from: Tweak72 on 21 August, 2009, 04:05:15 PM
Erm... I thought every one knew? I mean, I assumed that I wasn't the only one on the Bad signal and TBH most people here just nod, smile nervously and back away when I tell them stuff... I suppose it would be a bad thing to point out you can buy the first two Volumes and the third one is imminently about to be released from Avatar? Or he has some thing called Ignition City also from Avatar that you will appreciate if you like the old Buster Crabb Flash Gordon and Buck Rodgers serials? Um... Right. Sorry.

Indeed. He is hammering them out at the moment over at Avatar - I think it siuts him as he never seemed one to hang around on an ongoing and this way he can fire out wild ideas as they ignite his brian box.

Obligatory Wikipedia links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreakAngels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignition_City

I would also imagine folks here would like Anna Mercury, I'm also following Gravel and will get around to checking out No Hero and Doktor Sleepless at someone point (I'm still unsure about Black Summer - anyone read it?)

I'm also looking forward to "Captain Swing and the Electrical Pirates of Cindery Island" (if it is half as good as its name them its going to be great) and also "Supergod" could be interesting.

So now no one can say they haven't been told.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Odd_Bloke

I've just read the first 24 episodes (the first story arc) and I am loving it.  Thanks for the heads up!  ;D

Trout

I read Black Summer and it's okay. It has some great moments but there's a hell of a lot of pointless violence that doesn't move the plot on, and quite a lot of moments where the writer gives his opinions through the characters.

Thanks for the other links, though!

- Trout

Emperor

Quote from: King Trout on 21 August, 2009, 06:00:30 PM
I read Black Summer and it's okay. It has some great moments but there's a hell of a lot of pointless violence that doesn't move the plot on, and quite a lot of moments where the writer gives his opinions through the characters.

Thanks for that - what you say is pretty much in line with the reviews I have read which made me think I'd check this out later, if I can pick it up cheap (and I've not forgotten and probably some other stuff too ;) ).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Nap Normal

One of the reasons I love 2000Ad and this site is for gems like this. I spent 3 hours yesterday reading 67 episodes and absolutely loved it.
It's the first time I've read a comic online. For some reason I've always been adverse to reading comics online I think it's years of habit i.e make a cup of tea, plonk down on the sofa, get comfy and read comic or it's been check toilet seat is down,drop trousers, sit, get comfy read comic. 
Thanks for the link King Trout it made my Sunday.
Falling in love makes you fat.