Main Menu

Galactica Final series

Started by Duke, 04 August, 2009, 03:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

A good ending to a good series but thought the Starbuck bit was a bit limp. 
Role on True Blood season two.

the shutdown man

I just got the soundtrack to season 4 yesterday. It's excellent, as expected. A two-disc set, with one disc completely taken up by the finale. Well worth picking up if you're a fan.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Devons Daddy

i saw this last year on ITUNES,

blew me away,with the exceptoin of starbucks,great.
as for the sound track, got several again from itunes,
the opening credits, with the drums,
just as you enter a rush hour station for the commute.
IS A WONDERFUL,LIFE SOUNDTRACK KIND OF MOMENT.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tiplodocus

Me and the missus did a seven episode marathon over the weekend and finally got to the end of this with big grins on our faces.

Overall I thought it was jolly good stuff - very brave of a telly show to have such an overtly spiritual/religous ending.

Everybody got about as happy an ending as could be expected (except the Chief who got off lightly I thought).

And I was happy with the Starbuck ending - it worked for me.

I remember watching the early mini-series and episodes and thinking "They'll ditch this 'The cylons have found faith" idea pretty sharply so was pleasantly suprised when they took the idea and ran with it and twisted the  whole show around to deal with the nature of faith and God(s) working in mysterious ways.  In fact, the worst episodes were probably the really mundane generic ones which could have fitted into any starship genre show (Apollo investigates the black market, Apollo finds a hooker with a heart of gold, people box in lieu of conversation).

And correct me if I'm wrong but if it wasn't for the "150,000 years later", the ending was still open wasn't it? We never saw [spoiler]the fleet destroyed (definitely missed a money shot of the Galactica burning up in the sun)[/spoiler] and there are still a shed load of cylons out in the universe on various base stars [spoiler](mortal, granted) [/spoiler] who may find "Earth".

And I could watch James Callis and Tricia Helfer all day long.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

VinceBot

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 17 August, 2009, 11:28:38 PM
In fact, the worst episodes were probably the really mundane generic ones which could have fitted into any starship genre show (Apollo investigates the black market, Apollo finds a hooker with a heart of gold, people box in lieu of conversation).

Man, that episode was awesome.

Exodus Part II (Season 3, Episode 4)is still my overall favourite, despite how incredi-awesome the finale was with [spoiler]the Galactica ramming the cylon base[/spoiler] was, or [spoiler]the music as Starbuck jumps Galactica away from the black hole[/spoiler].

Exodus Part II sees eveything on the line, and the fantastic resolution to the build up from the previous four expisodes that covered [spoiler]the re-training of the skeleton crew of raptor pilots, the resistance fighters stockpiling guns and planning their escape[/spoiler].

If I say anything about Exodus Part II I fear I'd ruin the episode for someone who hasn't seen it but stumbled into this thread. It was just one of the greatest moments in television I can remember, and alone worth getting yourself into BSG.

the shutdown man

I ordered the season 4 and final season box sets from Sendit.com about a week ago, (still don't know why they haven't made a single set out of them, but anyhoo...) and they arrived yesterday. Seaeson 4, peachy. Final season was an empty DVD case. I'm not happy about that.

TordelBack

QuoteFinal season was an empty DVD case. I'm not happy about that.

Yeah, if it was Bablylon 5 at least you could see their point.

the shutdown man

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 August, 2009, 09:40:14 AM

Yeah, if it was Bablylon 5 at least you could see their point.

Well I guess I dodged a bullet on that one.

Devons Daddy

JUST PURCHASED THE season 4.5 as its termed.OH YES!!!!!!!! 
whilst i have watched it through Itunes,

i am now about to begin again. from the very begining.
final words.
BEST SCI FI for years.

firefly would have been an equal if it been allowed to do so.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!