Main Menu

Forum - Feature Requests

Started by VinceBot, 26 July, 2009, 06:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceBot

This thread is for feature requests only.
Bug reports belong in the Bug Reports and Issues thread

Before you post

Please don't just put any idea that pops into your head in this thread.
If you have a great idea for this forum, create another thread in this subforum and post your idea there. This will give other forum members a chance to make comments and suggestions of their own, letting the idea be refined from a lump of coal into a shining diamond.

Once you have a thread backing up your wonderful idea, post a copy of the idea in here, and link to the thread discussing the idea.

Emperor

Thanks for this.

A creator's forum suggestion by kevlev, as a place for writers/artists to swap ideas and tips and get feedback on their work:
http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,25666.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

VinceBot

I took the liberty of editing your post after splitting that topic.

I'll look into sorting this out for you guys. Contrary to peterwolfs suggestion I'll create just the one forum for now, then if it takes off I'll add some additional subforums for the most popular types of topics.

Edit: Done. Added a "Creative Common" forum to the "General Chat" area.

Peter Wolf

Thanks an awful lot to Vincebot for listening to us and setting up this Creative Common forum.

Thanks again !

;D
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Emperor

Welcome wagon thread idea - having a thread to ease the new and returning readers into the stories:
http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,25698.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Tiplodocus

I know we have a NOTIFY ME ABOUT THIS TOPIC button at the bottom of most threads.

But how about a "NOTIFY THRYLLSEEKER ABOUT THIS TOPIC" button as well.

That way whenever anybody mentions SLAINE, they can click the button, our Mayor TS is notified and Tordelback can get some sleep.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

How about a Slaine-O-Meter that monitors and records how often Slaine is mentioned in the Stats section ?

Now i have gone and done it again.....
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

eggonlegs

how about
how do i set up a music web site

Emperor

Would it be possible to have a thread for merge suggestions?

We now have at least 4 threads on the Marvel/Disney merger and, while it might be a bit too late/confusing to merge them it might have been handy to nip in early on and jam them together into one place.

Equally I'm sure there are other topics that come up time and again and merging them would help move the discussion forward, rather than it just covering the same old ground again.

VinceBot

To be honest it shouldn't require a thread and my intervention to get that kind of thing done. Don't we have moderators for that sort of task?

Whens the last time you guys saw some active moderation?

Emperor

I can't really answer that as good moderation should be like a duck swimming across a pond. so we may not be aware of the furious activit below the surface.

A thread for suggesting merges (or perhaps a more general one for flagging problems that need some kind of attention) would focus the moderators where it is needed (for things people see that may not warrant using the report system - massive images, breaking links, etc.).

VinceBot

Eh, just post a thread in this here forum and we'll get around to it then.
Really its just a case of getting out attention and the right message across, and us having time to deal with the request.

Emperor

Quote from: VinceBot on 02 September, 2009, 11:37:36 PM
Eh, just post a thread in this here forum and we'll get around to it then.
Really its just a case of getting out attention and the right message across, and us having time to deal with the request.

OK great. I started it here:
http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26110.0.html

Feel free to adjust the content to suit.

SmallBlueThing

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved in the overhaul of this forum for making it accessible via my mobile.

In the old days, my phone used to die if attempting to load anything on the 2000AD site, forum included- but today I discovered it's all been redesigned and works a charm. So now I can access TWO websites via my device- here and Facebook. What are the chances, eh?

Sadly, I can't seem to log in at the moment via my phone, but I'm sure that's just me being thick, so I'll keep working on it before panicking.

But again, many thanks!

SBT

vzzbux

Is there any chance that you could put up the pictures of the progs after they go on general release. It kind of dumps on the anticipation of opening up your sub's envelope when you know what the cover is going to be.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.