Main Menu

Bantastic Friday?

Started by Dandontdare, 04 September, 2009, 08:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Okay I'm hooked - anyone have the faintest idea what this is all about?

Odd_Bloke

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 September, 2009, 08:38:52 PM
Okay I'm hooked - anyone have the faintest idea what this is all about?

I believe it's cunning social commentary on how many people have been banned today.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bah. I feel left out. Who's in The Club?
Lock up your spoons!

SmallBlueThing

I'm not sure- but didn't it all start because somebody kept posting that some rubbish American "hunk" actor would be a perfect movie Dredd- again and again and again ad nauseum?- and instead of it becoming an ongoing joke, poor Trout got banned for mentioning it. Or something. I still don't know who the "both" were, who were banned in the thread I started about Mega City Architecture and it's similarity to rural England.

But it wasn't me, or Mike Gloady.

All very confusing!

Hope it's sorted soon, I hate this kind of thing.

Steev

SamuelAWilkinson

I heard a rumour that it was because Trout kept waving around this really poor script for the Dredd movie that he'd written, dissing Rebellion bad because they wouldn't take it. Then he kept banging on about his cat.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Dandontdare

ahh, having  read more of today's threads I get it. It was just the mention of T-shirts that prompted a reflex twitch of the little known internal organ the "Geekius Haventgotthatone"

Shouldn't really have started a thread about it. It is all kicking off today though isn't it? I've been reading Planetoid's posts for ages without suspecting S**** (but I've long had doubts about the Trout!) (joke)

Shall we devote the rest of this thread to heaping fulsome praise upon one another and make a solemn vow that if one of us gets banned, everybody else will quit as a gesture of solidarity?

VinceBot

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 September, 2009, 09:20:55 PM
Shall we devote the rest of this thread to heaping fulsome praise upon one another and make a solemn vow that if one of us gets banned, everybody else will quit as a gesture of solidarity?

Don't take away my toys.

Van Dom

Planetoid is Scojo? Who the hell IS Scojo?!?!?

I'm confused.

I'm going to go lie down in a dark room.

(PS - I'm not banned!)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Van Dom on 04 September, 2009, 09:33:34 PM
(PS - I'm not banned!)

You're not tempting fate (or admin), are you Van Dom?

VinceBot

Dandontdare

I think Vince is developing a Judge Cal tendency. When he makes his goldfish a moderator, I'm getting out before the death sentences start!

Ah crap.

I'm banned aren't I?

Van Dom

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 04 September, 2009, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: Van Dom on 04 September, 2009, 09:33:34 PM
(PS - I'm not banned!)

You're not tempting fate (or admin), are you Van Dom?

Not at all, just happy to be here!

Moving swiftly on...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

DavidXBrunt

Ah bollocks to that. If Trouty is banned then I'm banned to.

I can think of few people who have contributed so much to the board, so eloquently, and with such good humour over such a long time.

I mean if it were up to me there'd be a lot of bannings don't get me wrong. Trouty wouldn't be on the list though.

At the very least the recipients of these bannings should have some idea of...you know...what they've done wrong.

TordelBack

Any chance of some Rumour Control (or indeed Tetley's Tea) Vince?  I was offline unril thsi evening, and after trying to read all the active threads I have literally no idea what doings are-a transpiring.  

Who's been banned, why, and for how long?  

And how do we stop it from happening again?  Justice must be seen to be done!

planetoid

QuotePlanetoid is Scojo? Who the hell IS Scojo?!?!?

I'm confused.

I know the feeling.  ;D