Main Menu

Frasier Irving Batman and Robin story????

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 September, 2009, 08:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2009/09/11/whos-handling-art-on-batman-and-robin-after-philip-tan/

Not sure where that leaves the previously mentioned story Frasier Irving was meant to be doing. May still be happening but not sure if it will fit in now?

Grant Goggans

Maybe it's Stewart on 7-9, Irving on 10-12 and Quitely on 13-15...?

TordelBack

That's some line-up alright, and on an astonishingly good comic too.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 12 September, 2009, 01:03:11 PM
Maybe it's Stewart on 7-9, Irving on 10-12 and Quitely on 13-15...?

I thought it was only supposed to be 12 issues?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grant Goggans

I'm not sure how to read Stewart's Twitter page, but he apparently said yesterday that Irving is doing 10-12.  So either Quitely's not coming back or the run has been extended.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 12 September, 2009, 09:16:14 PM
I'm not sure how to read Stewart's Twitter page, but he apparently said yesterday that Irving is doing 10-12.  So either Quitely's not coming back or the run has been extended.

Oh if the run has been extended that will be a great bit of news. I await with interest.

Emperor

As far as I understand it, this is an ongoing series, they just announced the artists for the first 12 issues when they launched. Given Frank Quitely's speed issues and the importance of the title, I assume the editors have had to plan a long way in advance to make sure there are no problems with late shipping. Sounds like they are still doing some juggling there to keep everything on schedule.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Just read B&R issue 4 - incredibly it gets better!  The art isn't quite as top-notch as last month, but the story is great.  I tip my hat to Morrison, this is brilliant stuff.  Stay dead, Bruce, stay dead.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 September, 2009, 06:51:11 PM
Just read B&R issue 4 - incredibly it gets better!  The art isn't quite as top-notch as last month, but the story is great.  I tip my hat to Morrison, this is brilliant stuff.  Stay dead, Bruce, stay dead.

Morrison on-form positively crackles with an energy to which I don't think any other writer in comics can come close. I'll admit to having read precious little of Grant's stuff over the last ten years because I basically haven't bought any American comics during that time, but this is good stuff!

Cheers

Jim

Colin YNWA

Hmmm something is afoot. It would appear that its on a skip month in December as well. I wonder whats happening with this book?

Colin YNWA

Apologise for the double post but a new update that seems to indicate that Quitely isn't off the book just that his run is knocked back and confirming Frasier Irving is scheduled to draw issues 9-12.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23032

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 September, 2009, 08:16:52 AM
confirming Frasier Irving is scheduled to draw issues 9-12.

Gaah! Frazer. Frazer Irving!

Cheers

Jim

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 September, 2009, 08:28:57 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 September, 2009, 08:16:52 AM
confirming Frasier Irving is scheduled to draw issues 9-12.
Gaah! Frazer. Frazer Irving!
Arf! That's been getting to me too every time this thread reappears.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Colin YNWA

With apologise for double posts as well as previous misspellings more inform re Batman and Robin and Quitely's possible return?

"Nrama: I know Cameron Stewart is on Batman and Robin next, but is it still the plan that Frank Quitely will return to the comic?

DiDio: There's a good chance that he will, but he also has another project with Grant that he's working on as we speak."

I wonder what this other project is?