Main Menu

Caballisitcs INC Going Underground on download

Started by Zarjazzer, 27 August, 2010, 06:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

heaven forbid I should re-surrect an old thread and as I got the dreaded 120 days warning I thought I'd start a new 'un.

Got this for £6.30 on download and as I'd never read it and remember hearing good thngs about it I thought I'd try.

Bloody hell this sort of thing ( a secret govt dept for occult investigations) has been done a few times before and yet...this was just marvelous.

The art is my personal joy  pure unsullied b&w art by Dom Reardon and it just captures the bonkers nature of the whole thing very well.

The story itself by Gordon Rennie is excellent too and so different in that way only 2000Ad is. A SPOILER ALERT -almost certainly demonic, thinly veiled version of David Bowie hires some occult experts after buying up the secret govt dept. Cue horror on the underground and triangles of death and sacrifice.   

I think my only annoyance was the story arc ended a bit abruptly and I wanted the odious Ravne to meet some unpleasant end but he didn't. Oh well. It is 2000AD after all. :)

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

DrJomster

I've just had the pleasure of re-reading this in digital on an iPad.

This book is one of my favourites. The art by Dom Reardon really knocks it out of the park every page. Truly stunning. Meanwhile Gordon Rennie's excellent script grabs you and keeps you glued to your seat as you read more, wondering just what's in store next! Solid lettering throughout to boot from Tom Frame and Ellie de Ville.

If you don't own a copy, I wholeheartedly recommend you get hold of one.

Right, that's enough writing. Time to get on with Book 2!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.