Main Menu

Meg 305

Started by Zarjazzer, 05 December, 2010, 01:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

It's here! And a fine meg too.

Dredd was a superb James Bond spoof with Liam Sharp and Al Ewing now on MI6's double oh/ most wanted list.
The accuracy of the Bonds was astounding even [spoiler]Craigs [/spoiler] craggy ugly face was recognisable.

The new stuff was fine 2000ad vintage Samizdat Squad with b&w art by Paul Marshall makes it a win,a good interview with Liam Sharp and Lilly Mckenzie still going strong.

best of all at last Insurrection 2- a unusual start but I can see why they did it and the best illo of a sjs prison over a gas giant you're ever likely to see.

Nice One Dan Abnett and Colin Macneil.

A Bryan Talbot piece on Grandville as well which I haven't read as yet.

Toast the revolution indeed.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Jealosy levels rising!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Proudhuff

Was that a subbie or an Asda-grab Meg? and more to the point who got their letters in?
DDT did a job on me

Spaceghost

I got my subs yesterday. Haven't read most of the Meg yet but the Dredd is fun. AMAZING art from Liam Sharpe.

There are no Proudfeet on the letters page I'm afraid.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Proudhuff

Cheers, any Watsons from Paisley?   :o
DDT did a job on me

Spaceghost

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 December, 2010, 02:55:30 PM
Cheers, any Watsons from Paisley?   :o

Just had a glance and yes, there's a Paisley Watson. Lucky for you I brought my Meg to work which I almost never do.

Proudhuff

Cheers again Lee, Butt'man will be pleased that makes it a draw for this year  :D
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Ohhhh yes. No Meg in Paisley but we got the Prog today. Nice to know the path will be cleared tomorrow by a stream of Proudfoot tears as the postie trudges his way to the door.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Buttonman on 07 December, 2010, 03:16:32 PM
Ohhhh yes. No Meg in Paisley but we got the Prog today. Nice to know the path will be cleared tomorrow by a stream of Proudfoot tears as the postie trudges his way to the door.
Don't count yer chickens. I got my Meg yesterday and I'm still Progless today. Normally that's the sort of thing that gets me down, but this was a tip-top Meg with Dredd probably the weakest thing in it.
We never really die.

Colin Zeal

Good issue this month. I enjoyed all of the strips and the interviews were excellent. My only query is about the last page of Lily Mckenzie; who was that strapped in the bed? I thought it might be Cosmo, but the person seemed too tall to be him. Anyone know who it is?

Spaceghost

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 08 December, 2010, 10:47:03 AM
Good issue this month. I enjoyed all of the strips and the interviews were excellent. My only query is about the last page of Lily Mckenzie; who was that strapped in the bed? I thought it might be Cosmo, but the person seemed too tall to be him. Anyone know who it is?

Lilly's dad I think. That's just a guess though, might be completely wrong.

Simon Fraser

The old man in the bed is indeed Lilly's father. He features in the 12 page Lilly story "When Lilly Met Cosmo" in the ACT-I-VATE Primer. His story will a major part of 'Lilly Mackenzie & the Treasure of Paros" which will start appearing on ACT-I-VATE.com next Wednesday.

Simon.

Proudhuff

Cheers Simon, will the Treasure of Paros be in the Meg soon?
DDT did a job on me

Hoagy

Cool. I was guessing he was Lil's dad, who's appearance was to whet the appetite for the Treasure, story.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

dweezil2

Quote from: Simon Fraser on 08 December, 2010, 12:57:52 PM
The old man in the bed is indeed Lilly's father. He features in the 12 page Lilly story "When Lilly Met Cosmo" in the ACT-I-VATE Primer. His story will a major part of 'Lilly Mackenzie & the Treasure of Paros" which will start appearing on ACT-I-VATE.com next Wednesday.

Simon.

Can't wait.

Will it eventually transfer to The Meg at some point?

And it looks like me getting my handbag out has resulted in another letter printed.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo