Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Super stoked that the first Dredd tale on the Primer was CityBlock - which I've long thought to be the single best introduction to both Dredd adn the world of Dredd. Solidarity!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: AlexF on 16 July, 2020, 09:02:31 AM
Super stoked that the first Dredd tale on the Primer was CityBlock - which I've long thought to be the single best introduction to both Dredd adn the world of Dredd. Solidarity!

Forever! Seriously though, to me it's the point where (after two back to back mega epics) they've decided that Dredd is going to be a long term thing, so it's time to really lay down some rules and world building for what the city is like and what it's like to live in it. Most of Dredd until this point has been very "perp of the week" or a mega epic, or a Luna-1. This is the start of the plain ol' Mega-City One stories.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Colin YNWA

I believe Conrad will have seen this over at Megaverse but so good I wanted to share it here too. From the brilliant Maryanddavid

SpaceSpinner2000

It's not stealing, it's a call back!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and ninety-fourth episode Fox and Conrad take a break from reviewing weekly progs to reminisce on the whole of 2000 AD comics for the year 1989. It's a chance to reflect, review, and give out awards! Welcome to the 1989 Spinnies! At the end of every chronological year in our prog timeline we give out awards to the storylines and thrills we liked best over the last year. Stay tuned until the end to hear what's coming up in 1990 from both 2000AD and our show!

And don't forget our 24 hour STARLORDATHON this Saturday, the 25th, starting at 11am UTC at twitch.tv/spacespinner2000

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

sheridan

Thanks for the shout-out!  Next time I might even give my opinions after trawling barney for the year's line-up!

Really looking forward to the next few episodes!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sheridan on 20 July, 2020, 12:18:32 PM
Thanks for the shout-out!  Next time I might even give my opinions after trawling barney for the year's line-up!

Really looking forward to the next few episodes!

Always happy for more spinny noms, especially if you're doing the rest of the work.

EVERYONE GET READY FOR THE STARLORDATHON!

SpaceSpinner2000

In the second mega episode of our Judge Dredd Megazine Primer series Eli and Conrad are looking at some classic Dredd adventures to learn more about the Lawman of the Future. This episode we're investigating the politics of Mega-City One and Dredd's relationship to them. We'll learn about the nascent democracy movement in the city, and how the Judges are trying to stamp it out. We'll also meet aspiring Artist Kenny Who? and round things out with some very early adventures featuring Dredd's brother Rico, Judge Giant, and the evil Mutie the Pig!

And don't forget to tune into the STARLORDATHON this Saturday at https://www.twitch.tv/spacespinner2000

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

sheridan

Sheridan and Rackle listening!

Colin YNWA

I'm following along (at the expense of the cricket!) while clearing the bathroom and tiolets, Its great fun... the listening not the tiolets.

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 July, 2020, 02:50:18 PM
I'm following along (at the expense of the cricket!) while clearing the bathroom and tiolets, Its great fun... the listening not the tiolets.

Nobody's going to judge you if you like clearing the bathroom and toilets.

The Monarch

I am watching as much as i can live. I am there under my lping name though :D

Colin YNWA

They are still going - which is magnificent - and looking strong. Get over there to show your support as they near the line - think there's about 2 or 3 hours left.

Leigh S

Started at 12, so should end at 12?  Been a blast - can't wait to catch up with the bits I missed due to sleeping!