Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

Would the Ginga Ninga coume with matching collar and cuffs?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

The Monarch

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

COMMANDO FORCES

I just feel that Tharg is not well known enough for people to spend money on, especially as we still don't know what price these will be.
Obviously I'd have to buy one but I still think the majority of people will go "Tharg who!"

Bolt-01

The first range of figures should have a 'build your own' figure for T.M.O.

Slaine should have his head...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 January, 2010, 03:14:02 PM
The first range of figures should have a 'build your own' figure for T.M.O.

Slaine should have his head...

And Devlin Waugh his cock and arse area.

TordelBack

ming

Hey folks.  I've been away for a while, reproducing, etc.  Anyway, the 3A news was great, and I've been a bit active on the forums over there, and Wake's popped in as well, trying to Spread the Word about the Galaxy's Greatest.  Any juicy info that turns up there, I'll post here.

For now, it does indeed look like Tharg will be the first release, but a very limited one...  After that it's anybody's guess.  Ash is very, very into his 2000AD and will be crafting figures that reproduce the original artists' creations "2000AD toys for 2000AD fans" as he put it.

One of the latest snippets: "tharg will hit soon..

then some A.B.C Warrriors and so on, there isnt a in-stone release schedule, just as they are ready.

Rogue Trooper is a fav, Johnny Alpha, Apocalypse War Dredd, Robo Hunter, Mean Machine, Fink, City of the Damned Dredd, gronk, RO-jaws..Nemesis, Sov Judge..... gah, so much

thats a just a start, this isnt a short term license dodgy job, this is 3A and rebellion thinking far down the line.

I believe a Jan issue of 2000ad will sport a 3A 2000 AD ad !"

I've picked up a few of the World War Robot 'bots, and they are incredible, so we're in for a treat here!

Bolt-01

ming

Thanks, Bolt!  I think the forum shift threw me off, and a new family member (middle name Joseph, naturally) has kept me busy.  Things are settling down a little so hopefully I'll get back here more often...  I've missed the place!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ming on 15 January, 2010, 12:09:04 PM
...a new family member (middle name Joseph, naturally) has kept me busy.

Now that's a dedicated fan!
@jamesfeistdraws

ming

Heh, luckily it was also my grandfather's name, so I can pass it off as a family thing ;)

ming

Oh, and as far as price goes, I expect that there'll be an attempt to make these as cheap as possible.  To give an idea, a recent 1/6th scale, 12" 'bot went out at $98 (including shipping) and the figure below came out at $80.  Not saying that any 2000AD releases will be this price, but it gives an idea of what we might get.  Big (I mean BIG 'bots - 19") have gone for $200+ but normal sized figures are sure to be a lot less than this.

Anyway, I'll be back with more info as and when it comes.

uncle fester

These were the last toys mentioned on Ashley Wood's site. It just makes me go all a quiver if Mongrol were to ever grace the shelves with this sort of finish and detail.