Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

I got up nice and early yesterday and sat by the computer waiting for Thargy baby to go 'live' I'm glad I did!
Can't wait to finally get this bad boy in my hands.
Roll on the shipping date in June!
Well done to Ash and his crew for all their brilliant work, now roll on the rest of the range.
Has it been confirmed which character will get the plastic treatment next?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

SuperSurfer

That Tharg looks great. Someone finally managed to make him look cool. I like the use of the old school logo. Nice touch.

Not only are the 3A toys amazing but so is the packaging - the illustrated boxes remind me of 1970s Action Man packaging.

Fantastic stuff.

(Didn't order one though. Don't have the space or funds. Bah.)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 April, 2010, 09:39:19 AM
Its funny not being a collector of toys Tharg is the figure I'm most interested in. I loved the idea of Tharg standing, overseeing my collection.

I'm with that sentiment. I just want TMO glaring down from my shelf.
Lock up your spoons!

ming

I was surprised that there wasn't an official 2000AD word prior to the release, but the initial Tharg drop happened so suddenly maybe they weren't even kept in the loop?

Prior to the release, at least Ash posted on the 3A forum asking someone to post the release details over here (I'd done it before he asked, naturally ;)); good to know he wanted Tharg to go to good homes!

Hopefully the 'regular' Tharg release will come with a bit more official 2000AD fanfare, and not just rely on me posting info here (which I will continue to do, very happily, anyway).

Other 3A releases are being dealt with now (http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/) but hopefully Green Bonce will be back on the menu very soon (followed, I hope, by Mongrol).

Mardroid

There was an ad actually, but nothing specific. Mainly a teaser for Tharg's head. (That sounds funny.)

ThryllSeekyr

COMMANDO FORCES

Danbo

Please tell me they will do Dredd?
Have they released the list of characters they are doing?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

COMMANDO FORCES

Not yet. Next up is the cheaper Tharg and then Mongrol.

Danbo

Cheers.Mongrol huh,nice. Dredd on a Lawmaster would be my dream pic though.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

ming

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 April, 2010, 07:40:51 PM
Not yet. Next up is the cheaper Tharg and then Mongrol.

I don't think the next Tharg will be cheaper, just more of a regular release rather than the limited initial version.  Expect $80 (US) for the 'regular' Tharg, folks.

CF's right; we're expecting Mongrol next, but after that...?

Hammerstein's been mentioned, but maybe Mean Machine (also mentioned by Ash, in a 'Mean Machine is looking awesome way' so certainly in the pipeline) will pop up first.

No lists of what we might see, just hints here and there.  Basically Ash has said 'if the demand is there, stuff will get made'.

Sounds good to me, and I'm in for the long haul with this line - no hurry!

COMMANDO FORCES

I see ming, I do beg your pardon. I'll have to get one of these as well.

ming

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 April, 2010, 08:21:35 PM
I see ming, I do beg your pardon. I'll have to get one of these as well.

Heh, no begging or pardoning necessary!

For people missing the initial sales at Bambaland (and needing to resort to the perils of eBay), the 'regular' Tharg will be cheaper to pick up than the initial limited one.

Basically, you have to catch 3A stuff as it comes out or generally pay through the nose to get it elsewhere later on.  Prices get a bit insane, though 2000AD stuff *may* have more limited appeal (probably not, though).

Noisybast

$80? As in £52 real money? For an action figure?

It's very nice and everything, but Ashley Wood saw you lot coming.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

ming

Quote from: Noisybast on 29 April, 2010, 01:37:25 PM
$80? As in £52 real money? For an action figure?

It's very nice and everything, but Ashley Wood saw you lot coming.

Heh, quite possibly (but try looking at prices of other 'designer vinyl' toys).  Anyway, I get 15% off, so it's just £44, and the prices include free shipping worldwide. Furthermore, this is Tharg we're talking about, so he's priceless ;)

I think if you'd seen other 3A stuff in person, you might view these things differently.  Still 'toys' admittedly, but unlike anything else out there.