Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

So taking 3A's previous delivery dates into account, their may be other 1/6th ones out before then.

You ain't seen me right.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Dunk!

Robo-Hunter and Nemesis.

Joy.

Slight wallet panic, but mainly:

Deep Joy.

Dunk!

And now to wait...
"Trust we"

ming

It's great to have a decent heads-up for when these are likely to appear for sale.  Having said that, I know that 3A have had a habit of announcing rough timings for future sales (months, quarters, etc.) without them going according to plan, only for figures to appear suddenly with very little notice.  Hopefully the 'mid-year' slot proposed for the first wave of 1/12 figures is an achievable one - I'd like to think so, anyway. 

If you're interested in these, just plan ahead and figure on these being in the region of $45 each plus $15 for shipping...  That's guesswork on my part but based on previous sales of figures of similar scale and complexity; as we may not get official word on price for a while I though a rough idea would be more use than no idea...  As well as being available individually, I expect that there may be some kind of 'bumper set', possibly a little cheaper than the six combined or with some kind of extra thrown in.  Pure speculation, though!

I also expect that the 2000AD stuff will be featured as a 'resident sale' on Bambaland meaning that these will be available for a while, rather than a mad scramble.

Pics, pics, pics - everyone start asking for pics, please.

:)

Dash Decent

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 24 March, 2014, 07:48:34 PM
The Sov judge is a bit off for me - it's not really a character.

I like the idea of the Dredd figure having a nemesis to pair it with and that for once isn't Judge Death.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dunk!

Quote from: ming on 26 March, 2014, 09:48:31 AM
$45 each plus $15 for shipping...  That's guesswork on my part but based on previous sales of figures of similar scale and complexity

So $60 a figure, $420 the set = £253-ish (that's today, going by an online currency converter)

All guesswork obviously, but it's good to plan ahead... and gulp.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Hawkmumbler

As much as I would love the whole set it's just not financially viable atm. My primary job and hobby eats up a lot of money, then theirs driving lessons to plan for and my first home to save for. Grrrr, damn society, I want my Dredd action figure.

ming

Quote from: Dunk! on 26 March, 2014, 11:52:16 AM
Quote from: ming on 26 March, 2014, 09:48:31 AM
$45 each plus $15 for shipping...  That's guesswork on my part but based on previous sales of figures of similar scale and complexity

So $60 a figure, $420 the set = £253-ish (that's today, going by an online currency converter)

All guesswork obviously, but it's good to plan ahead... and gulp.

Dunk!

I'd expect the full set of six to come in under that figure, but I guess we'll see.  Ash does try to keep costs as low as possible and obviously wants to sell as many of these things as he can.  Bumper sets are likely to cost less per figure than they will individually, so when we know more it might be worth peoples' while to consider working together and splitting sets.  Still, please bear in mind this is all idle speculation until something official is heard.

A previously released set of four WWRp (1/12) Grunts weighed in at $180 including shipping...  Standard 1/12 human figures but definitely heavy on the accessories, so maybe comparable to the 2000AD stuff. Maybe.

Singles for these were available; the one below (even more kit-heavy than those above) was $45 plus $15 for shipping.

Mardroid

If they do two figure sets I might be up for that..depending on the figures of course. (Actually, since my mind is on Hammerstein and Dredd I think it's unlikely those would be paired together. Dredd and Anderson though... I might be up for that.)

A full set though? That'll be out of my price range.

If the individual figures have more accessories I think I might go that route. I like all that stuff...

ming

Quote from: Mardroid on 30 March, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
If they do two figure sets I might be up for that..depending on the figures of course. (Actually, since my mind is on Hammerstein and Dredd I think it's unlikely those would be paired together. Dredd and Anderson though... I might be up for that.)

A full set though? That'll be out of my price range.

If the individual figures have more accessories I think I might go that route. I like all that stuff...

Two-packs... maybe.  Future multi-figure packs (four Dark Judges, f'rinstance) are more likely than random pairings of characters from this first wave, but who knows?

As for individual figures, they'll have (I expect) exactly the same accessories whether sold alone or as part of a pack.  The ones I showed above were different - the yellow EMGY Grunt wasn't part of a pack, just sold individually and was a scaled down version of a previous 1/6 release.

Hopefully we'll get more info down the line but I'll happily push for specific details if anyone has anything they want me to look into.

mogzilla

slightly off topic but not much ...is Ashley the same Ashley wood who used to do "hellspawn"?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

ming

Quote from: mogzilla on 02 April, 2014, 05:38:07 PM
slightly off topic but not much ...is Ashley the same Ashley wood who used to do "hellspawn"?

Yup.

mogzilla

Quote from: ming on 02 April, 2014, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 02 April, 2014, 05:38:07 PM

Yup.

nice! give him my best,
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

radiator

I was looking through Ashley Wood's Dredd story 'Skar' from the early nineties the other day. He's, er, come on a little since then as an artist I think it's fair to say.

mogzilla

i found it hard to jump from cappullo to ashleys style in the spawn series he did... glad to say I got it!

ming

No real news lately, but 2000AD got a mention in the latest Sunday Q&A so I may as well stick that in here...

Q: I was surprised to see Sam Slade in the first wave of 2000AD figures, though in hindsight he's an obvious threeA choice. Will he come with Hoagy, Stogy and Cutie? I hope so!
A: Why, Sam is 2000ad A list, and like you allude too, he is a Robo Hunter, gotta love that ! Im pretty sure it aint Sam without Stogey!

So, Stogie - yup.  Hoagy, Cutie - dunno.