Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Counterfeit Girl vs. Strontium Dogs Round 3 Heat 16

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 May, 2022, 06:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron A Aardvark

Rogue Judge

Richard

Early Strontium Dogs was pretty good, despite its flaws. But once Ennis left it was shit. So overall, it's not better than Countrrfeit Girl, which was a decent strip.

IndigoPrime

Monsters was good. The Gronk heartses story was lovely. Some of Hogan's work was quite nice. But then you had the nadir of the rest of the Gronk thing (not least that scene in the Lyran 'caves') and the kind of meandering nature of where things ended up, abruptly ended in guillotine fashion. Do I want to read it again? Probably not.

Counterfeit Girl had some zing and spark. I bought it in the fire sale for two quid. I'll read it again, although I'll admit I had to check to see that I had in fact bought it. Not the most ringing endorsement, admittedly, but it beats the dogs, for me.

Link Prime

The design of Bullmoose Saxon's ship was more interesting than the entirety of Counterfeit Girl.

Strontium Dogs.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

Was not expecting this one to go like this. The winner looks pretty clear and its very different to what I was expecting and by a margin that surprises me even more! Day to go and I'll close the week off in the morning.

DrJomster

I'm going with Conterfeit Girl. It was a present TPB for me from the kids the other year and a very well chose one too!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

If the other vote was a none event today this one was the opposite. This tie was really close and for me a real surprise, especially as Counterfiet Girl won the 'None Bad Company, Milligan vote' a real sign of the quality of the series. Strontium Dog is how a strip that ebbed and flowed across its history, or arguably spiralled ever downwards. Monsters was a good start and clearly strong enough as

Strontium Dogs

will be transforming in Round 4