Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Zeal

My Zenith T-Shirt arrived in the post today and I'm now wearing it while watching England do well in the cricket.

Rog69

Life is pretty good right now.

Had a great day with my family at my youngest's 4th birthday party, we did a forest themed do with bug hunting, mud painting and den building. Lots of milfy mums turned up to help too  :D.

I then went on to fix my dishwasher, thus freeing up yesterday's tax rebate for other uses.

My wife found out on Friday that she has a job for another 12 months and tomorrow I get to spend my working day at a special effects company.

Noisybast

I won a copy of The Complete Carlos Ezquerra on the Tooth Facebook page! :)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Spikes

Jammy bugger! Congrats, Noisybast - doesnt it also come with a free piece of original art? (i entered this, as well....)

Link Prime

Trout

We found a house!

After six months of being stressed-out homeless immigrants we will finally have a proper home again. It's come at just the right time, too. We were all at our wits' ends with househunting and general uncertainty. It's a beautiful place, not big by Canadian standards but much bigger than we could have afforded in the UK. Lots of space for comics! Also, with four bathrooms it is mathematically impossible for me to be locked out when I need a shite. YAY!

Then, a few days later, my wife found a job. It's very similar to the one she had in the UK and the pay is 30% more, which should tell you something about the UK. My own job is the most money I have ever earned, and, unlike the last one I had in Scotland, it has no management role.

There's still a way to go but it is definitely looking good for us. Emigration was the best move we ever made.

- Trout

Satanist

but can you get a deep fried pizza? :lol:

Well done mate, good tae hear!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Frank

Quote from: Trout on 17 August, 2013, 04:49:08 AM
with four bathrooms it is mathematically impossible for me to be locked out when I need a shite.

You have your priorities right.

Spikes

Ive got to ask; If its not big by Canadian standards, then just how many bathrooms does the usual Canadian house have? 

But better housing, and better paid jobs - with less bullshit added on, sounds like a most lovely thing.
(Do you think Canada would take the rest of us?)

Link Prime

Trout

Quote from: Judge Jack on 17 August, 2013, 02:49:20 PM
Ive got to ask; If its not big by Canadian standards, then just how many bathrooms does the usual Canadian house have?

Ah, but it's not about how many bathrooms. It's the overall size of the house and the site (they say lot) it's built on. The house designs are much more varied here so what you get can change 20 times on one street.

Four bogs is more than you might expect for a three-bedroom house like this, but it does have a "finished basement" (ie proper rooms downstairs which are additional to the main house) so that accounts for one bathroom. A third living room is another result of that. My favourite part is a proper front porch but I may spend more time in the hot tub out the back. :-)

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement, lads! In these past few difficult months it's helped to be able to rant on here.

And no, there isn't room for everyone! ;-)

- Trout

Frank

Mardroid

Quote from: Trout on 18 August, 2013, 02:10:10 PM
Ah, but it's not about how many bathrooms. It's the overall size of the house and the site (they say lot) it's built on. The house designs are much more varied here so what you get can change 20 times on one street.

That's curious. When I went to Canada, one of things that struck me was how similar all the houses in the area looked, and particularly compared to England. (That being said I seem to remember the odd exception that stood out.) The neighbourhood looked lovely but was rather samey.

This was a suburb of Vancouver though, so no doubt there's a lot of variance from place to place. The houses there certainly had a spread out feel. Around 2-3 bathrooms I guess including en-suite but I think that was for 3 bedroom properties. I think they were probably pretty small for Canadian houses but they seemed really impressive compared to the semidetached I live in. (They were all detached as well.)

TordelBack

Quote from: Trout on 18 August, 2013, 02:10:10 PM
... it does have a "finished basement" ...

Have you talked to Commando Forces about transatlantic franchise opportunities?

Delighted for you and yours, Trouty.  Go fish!