Main Menu

DREDD - World Premier

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 29 December, 2010, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 30 December, 2010, 11:16:55 AM
Excellent! Of course, we're going to have our work cut out for us, what with having to build a cinema before the movie's due out... I'll supervise.

There's a couple of lads out my way could just nick the one from Liffey Valley and drop it over Sunday.

Woolly

James Stacey

COMMANDO FORCES

Brigantian

Quote from: Lee Bates on 30 December, 2010, 08:32:37 AM
Quote from: Brigantian on 30 December, 2010, 01:14:28 AM
Quote from: dracula1 on 29 December, 2010, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: Lee Bates;571568I won't be trecking all the way to that London. I'm hoping for a 3D Imax release so I can pop across to Bradford and see it there.

In fact, that's where the premiere should be because it's near me.
More votes for Bradford, Legend has it it's the centre of the universe.
Bradford ? Aaaaaargh. Last time a went to see a film in that city half the audience were Mohammedans who were constantly on their mobiles throughout the film. Nowt against the place, just the wildlife. FYI Bradford born and bred - mill scum.

Yes, I can tell from the casual racism. The last time I saw a film in Bradford, it was the premiere of Four Lions and not only was the film about 'Mohammedans' but the audience was also largely made up of 'Mohameddans' too, not one of whom was talking on their phone.

Thick people who don't know how to act in a cinema are thick no matter their colour, same goes for clever people. I've had more trouble with idiotic 'Christians' or, white people, talking through films in Bradford.
It's not casual (and it's not racism sunshine), I'm quite militant when it comes to Islam. Racism though? Most Pakistanis racially are Indian and I adore Indians (Sikhs as well), I just loathe the Muslims, but especially ones from Pakistan. To reach my level of loathing you need to live among them for a decade or two. Sorry for the mini lecture, it's just a subject I feel very strongly about.

Mardroid

During Christmas I did some work for the Royal Mail. My particular job involved lifting heavy crates so I worked alongside another chap. I'm pretty sure he was Muslim as he would nip out in the afternoon to pray. He was a smashing bloke. (Not being sarcastic, he really was a nice bloke.)

I know he's just one bloke... just wanted to redress the balance a bit. My experience of Muslims is that they're pretty much the same as everyone else. A mixture of good and bad.

I agree your statement wasn't racist though. Religionist* maybe.

*Is there such a word? My spell-checker isn't complaining!

I, Cosh

Okay. I'll bite.

How did you know they were 'Mohammedans?' If it's not based on crude racial stereotyping I have to assume you engaged each of them in a discussion of their faith during the film. Which would make you as much of an annoying twat as them.
We never really die.

Dandontdare

reported

And unless he gets banned, it will be my first EVER 'ignore'

O Lucky Stevie!

This has got to be in Lahore!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Spaceghost

Quote from: Brigantian on 30 December, 2010, 11:49:18 PM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 30 December, 2010, 08:32:37 AM
Quote from: Lee Bates;571568I won't be trecking all the way to that London. I'm hoping for a 3D Imax release so I can pop across to Bradford and see it there.

Bradford ? Aaaaaargh. Last time a went to see a film in that city half the audience were Mohammedans who were constantly on their mobiles throughout the film. Nowt against the place, just the wildlife. FYI Bradford born and bred - mill scum.

Yes, I can tell from the casual racism. The last time I saw a film in Bradford, it was the premiere of Four Lions and not only was the film about 'Mohammedans' but the audience was also largely made up of 'Mohameddans' too, not one of whom was talking on their phone.

Thick people who don't know how to act in a cinema are thick no matter their colour, same goes for clever people. I've had more trouble with idiotic 'Christians' or, white people, talking through films in Bradford.
It's not casual (and it's not racism sunshine), I'm quite militant when it comes to Islam. Racism though? Most Pakistanis racially are Indian and I adore Indians (Sikhs as well), I just loathe the Muslims, but especially ones from Pakistan. To reach my level of loathing you need to live among them for a decade or two. Sorry for the mini lecture, it's just a subject I feel very strongly about.

I'm born and bred in Bradford too 'sunshine' and for a lot longer than you. I've lived in Great Horton and Manningham for many years amongst Muslims (some of them *gasp!* WHITE MUSLIMS!!!) and Pakistanis (they won't thank you for calling them Indian by the way).

I don't think there are any rules in the Qu'ran which demand that Muslims talk loudly on mobile phones in the cinema. What you've got there is ignorant morons, not Muslims. Whatever you may think, using terms like 'THEY' were 'ALL' talking on their mobile phones is racist, or at the very least, an offensively sweeping statement.

Back on topic; wherever the premiere is held, I'll be holding out for a Bradford Imax showing. Imagine Dredd's chin in 3D, 5 storeys high!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Colin YNWA

I've reported the post and hope others who are offended by it remember to do likewise.

Peter Wolf

No one should be talking on their mobiles while watching a film in a cinema and its a failure of those in the audience to tell them all to STFU and its a failure of the cinema to enforce the no mobile rule.

I dont get why people complain about this without doing anything about it themselves.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Woolly

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 31 December, 2010, 03:49:51 PM

I dont get why people complain about this without doing anything about it themselves.

Its the fear of getting my head kicked in by an unruly mob of teens that stops me!

Is that teen-ist? I bloody hope it was!  ;)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Woolly on 31 December, 2010, 07:14:46 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 31 December, 2010, 03:49:51 PM

Its the fear of getting my head kicked in by an unruly mob of teens that stops me!

Is that teen-ist? I bloody hope it was!  ;)

Unfortunately i cant be everywhere at once   :D
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Spaceghost

I've told people to shut up before but there was an incident in Keeds quite recently where a woman complained about
Some lads talking and they followed her out of the cinema, down the road, then threw acid in her face.

Makes you wonder if it's safer to keep your mouth shut.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...