Main Menu

Dreddworld location challenge

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 21 December, 2014, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I was just thinking there, I wonder just how many cities and towns have we heard of in Dredd's world?  Obviously Cursed Earth townships are too numerous to mention but I'm going to challenge myself and anyone else who wants to contribute compile a list of the locations we've heard of and if possible / necessary where they were seen in the prog / Meg. So help me out here if you can, and let me know if I've missed a city or a mention of it in a strip.  One rule - you can't check the MC1 world map first.

1.  Mega-City 1 (Obviously0
2.  Mega-City 2 (Kind of)
3. Texas City
4. Brit Cit
5. Atlantis (Dredd in the prog)
6. Murphyville (Emerald Isle - and will Mike Carroll please fix Murphyville, I might have to live there some time)
7. EuroCity (First glimpse of it in this month's Meg?)
8. Cuidad (sic) Baranquilla
9. Glascal (Calhab Justice)
10.  Luxor (Book of the fecking Dead)
11. Vatican City (Devlin Waugh / Pussyfoot 5)
12.  That little Welsh town where Strange and Darke went in the Meg
13.  Uranium City (Harmony)
14. Bangkok (mentioned in Judgement Day - not sure where else)
15.  Hondo City
16.  Hong Tong (Johnny Woo)
17. Sino City (Have we ever had a glimpse of it?)
18.  East Meg 2
19.  Melbourne / Sidney Conurb

And I'm kind of stumped there.  There'll be a few staring me in the face, of course

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Steve Green

I'm sure John Caliber would ace this.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ZenArcade on 21 December, 2014, 06:42:11 PM
Las Vegas. Z

Didn't it [spoiler]get nuked in the Death story?[/spoiler]

I wonder if Dredd's world has a bigger or smaller population than ours, given how many people died in the various nuclear strikes.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Yep that super Anderson World Map in the Megazine will be well thumbed for this. Z oh and Drekk City....I think.

ZenArcade

Yep was nuked in the Death story. Well the 2136 old USA pop is say 250,000,000 for Texts City; 50,000,000 for the and factor another not so Big Meg and factor in maybe another 20,000,000 for mutants, smaller townships etc.....oh and the 16,000,000 missing kids. so the current USA pop of say 320,000,000 is approximately similar.
Brit cit has 50,000,000 and not too sure what Cal Habs is, but again similar numbers.
If you scale this up to a  world wide figure you may have similar if not larger numbers in Dredd's world. Z

Jim_Campbell

There was a reference to Djakarta in Judgement Day — contact had been lost with it, but it was never explicitly stated whether it was lost to Sabbat's zombies.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

ZenArcade

New Orleans was featured in a Missionary Man strip. Z

Timothy

I don't have a reference, but I seem to recall a Pan-Andean Conurb at one time.

ZenArcade

Yep I think one of Ron Smiths last Dredd strips was set there. Z

Bubba Zebill

Wasn't there a reference to a 'Prague' in CoD?...or was that a location inside MC1??
I was curious if it were THE Prague or some township or other. But I do remember something about it.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Ghost MacRoth

''Czech Protectorate – seen in prog 1765, split into enclaves like the Prague Enclave. Used in 2134 by Sov agents to send the Chaos Virus to MC-1, which caused an outbreak of the virus in the Protectorate.[45] Mega-Special #1 presented it as being in the Sov-Block in 2110.''

It's all in the link I posted....;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

JPMaybe

Canadia [sic]- showed up in one of the Chief Judge's Man stories, I believe.

Edit: though I don't think any specific cities within it have been mentioned

2nd Edit: D'oh, it's in that Wiki article and it was Mandroid
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation

JPMaybe

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 December, 2014, 07:27:32 PM
There was a reference to Djakarta in Judgement Day — contact had been lost with it, but it was never explicitly stated whether it was lost to Sabbat's zombies.

Cheers

Jim

Ditto Casablanca, IIRC
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation