Main Menu

Rogue Trooper & A Big Hello

Started by Brother Ron, 01 November, 2001, 05:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Ron

Hi folks. This is my first post here and I'd like to begin with a question.

I left 2000AD for while back in the mid-80s (circa the storyline about Dredd and Mean Machine heading into the Cursed Earth in search of the missing baby judge clones) and came back into the fold about two years ago. Since then, one thing has been puzzling me: what happened to the original Rogue Trooper? I gather that the character was killed off before Fr1day and Tor Cyan came along, so what's the story here? And while we're on the subject, who did the Traitor General turn out to be?

I've read a lot of the posts about fan fiction/screenplays with a lot of interest. Years ago, I had a crack at a screenplay for Strontium Dog, based on the Outlaw! storyline. It was written purely for fun, but I later realised that it shared what I saw as one of the main flaws of the Dredd movie - that of focusing on the old clich? of a man on the run after being accused of a crime he didn't commit. This sort of thing needs to be carefully executed in order to work, and I can safely say that had I written the Strontium Dog screenplay more recently instead of seven or eight years ago, it would be a HELL of a lot different! But I still like certain elements, such as a nightmare sequence where a woman (later revealed as Alpha's mother) is caught in a strontium 90 shower and the baby she is carrying presses its face against her skin and screams from within.

Anyway, answers to the above questions would be much appreciated.

Thread Zero

I can promise you the new Dredd films will not have Dredd sentenced for a crime he didn't commit.

At least I hope so!

As for Rogue, he did die but he gave birth to Friday. It seems he was genetically altered during his inception with some kind of male womb. He of course never knew that until he gave birth to Friday.

Tor Cyan is Saturday's clone. Saturday being Friday's mysterious clone brother. No one knows how Saturday came into being.
Saturday's genes were replicated and Tor was created.

Hope that helps.

scojo

O Lucky Stevie!

& the traitor general turned out to be scojo;)

cheers,

steven
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"