Main Menu

Big plot flaw in latest Dredd!

Started by Thread Zero, 03 November, 2001, 08:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Hey dudes,

Did anyone notice a big flaw in part 3 of On The Chief Judge's Service?
Not this week but last week's prog, 1265.
I thought I would wait a while to post it.
This was it:
Well this justice killer is supposed to be one hard nut right?
So anyway he and Dredd have that fight on that girder thing and Dredd kicks him into that room, right?
Then Dredd appears and the justice killer raises his gun. Dredd stalls for time saying "for all his crimes, he's (meaning the justice killer) never killed a judge."
But the justice killer does not fire his gun!
His mission was to KILL Dredd so why didn't he fire?
HE HAD DREDD AT NEAR POINT BLANK RANGE!

Dumb or what!

Sorry John, better luck next time!

scojo who is really starting to think he can write Dredd better than J Wagner...

Thread Zero

One more thing that proves the inconsistency in Wagner's writing:

Armon even warned Dredd to keep back!

Eh?????

Why warn Dredd? His mission was to kill him, not warn him that he might kill him.

Stupid writing that.

scojo

Thread Zero

Without wishing to tell John how he should write,
this is what should have happened.
Armon fires his gun. Dredd takes a bullet in the arm or leg, but still manages to attack Armon. Armon is unable to fire a second time because Joe hits him to the ground.

Simple really and logical too.

scojo

W. R. Logan

>Hey dudes,
>Did anyone notice a big flaw in part 3 of On The Chief Judge[backslash]'s Service?
>Not this week but last week[backslash]'s prog, 1265.
>I thought I would wait a while to post it.
>This was it:
>Well this justice killer is supposed to be one hard nut right?
>So anyway he and Dredd have that fight on that girder thing and Dredd kicks him into that room, right?
>Then Dredd appears and the justice killer raises his gun. Dredd stalls for time saying [backslash]"for all his crimes, he[backslash]'s (meaning the justice killer) never killed a judge.[backslash]"
>But the justice killer does not fire his gun!
>His mission was to KILL Dredd so why didn[backslash]'t he fire?
>HE HAD DREDD AT NEAR POINT BLANK RANGE!

>Dumb or what!

>Sorry John, better luck next time!

Scojo, Armon Gill?s mission was to get captured by Dredd so that he could be imprisoned and kill Bubba O?Kelly.
Pull out all 4 parts and re-read.

>scojo who is really starting to think he can write Dredd better than J Wagner...

In your dreams!

I?m not going to get into a long debate that you?re right and everyone else is wrong, and debated whether to answer this thread for just that reason.

The fact is that in the final part Wagner pulls in the plot threads to reveal Armon?s real mission and why he was sent to ?kill? Dredd.

?Why target Dredd??

?Dredd believes there?s a Judge involved in controlling your activities. He wants a confession. He?s the only one we can rely on to take you alive?

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

So Dredd was or wasn't his target?

And what does target mean then?
To kill it means to me. Or now it means to be captured?
Right, that makes sense to me.
Not.

On the basis of part one, he is told his target is Dredd. So regardless of what happens in the rest of the story, the presumption is Dredd is to be terminated.
You can't twist that fact around Logan to suit your argument.
Anyway it is ridiculous what you say, as Armon tried to kill himself. Remember those pills he tried to swallow?
So how could he be captured then??

Or have you and John forgotten that?

More inconsistencies!

Explain that then.

scojo

Thread Zero

Logan,
Logic is the most important thing when you write.

If as I say, Armon intended to be captured he would hardly try to take his life, would he?

Regardless of my somewhat over the top posts here, you will find I am making sense on this one.

The story will not make sense if what you say is true.

scojo

W. R. Logan

>So Dredd was or wasn[backslash]'t his target?

>And what does target mean then?
>To kill it means to me. Or now it means to be captured?
>Right, that makes sense to me.
>Not.

I knew this would happen. It?s a 4 part story with each episode moving us towards the conclusion, I?m sure Jim could explain this better than me but I?m sure he?s not going to get into this. We are led to believe that Armond?s mission is inded to kill Dredd but in the flashback panels in episode four we see the real reason that Dredd is ?Targetted?

>On the basis of part one, he is told his target is Dredd. So regardless of what happens in the rest of the story, the presumption is Dredd is to be terminated.

That?s what we are supposed to believe, it?s the hook that brings us back.

>You can[backslash]'t twist that fact around Logan to suit your argument.

Not twisting anything around I just read all 4 parts.

>Anyway it is ridiculous what you say, as Armon tried to kill himself. Remember those pills he tried to swallow?
>So how could he be captured then??

Oh, I forgot that, not.
He?s supposed to make it look as if he doesn?t want to be captured.
>
>Or have you and John forgotten that?

I can?t speak for John but I?m sure when he was writing part 1 he knew how part 4 would pan out.

>More inconsistencies!

>Explain that then.

I?m sure you?ll come back with some smart reply, but please don?t feel the need to post your alternative ?On The Chief Judge?s Service? script.

As suggested read all 4 parts again and then you may see the whole picture.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

McNulty

If I may give my opinion...
It becomes clear in the final episode that Dredd was never intended to be killed. He was 'targeted' in order that Armon could be captured in order that he could gain admission to the Cursed Earth Correctional Facility so he could kill Bubba O'Kelly (who was about to expose his connection to De Klerk. De Klerk knew that Dredd would try to capture Armon rather than kill him, as he wanted to find out who was behind 'the Justice Killer'. Armon had to give a good account of himself, even to the extent of taking those pills - he had to appear as if he would commit suicide rather than be captured. So, from the start - both De Klerk and Armon never intended Dredd any harm. I hope this clears up this matter.

Thread Zero

But this still does not make sense. In the original Justice Killer story, De Klerk as Hershey tells Armon he has pills he should take if he is caught.

So it is reasonable to assume they are genuine pills that can kill him.

But now are we to believe in the second Dredd story, these pills are fake. Were they?
He might have swallowed the pill before Dredd pulled it out. Would he have died then?

Talk about stretching credibility.

Sorry that is dumb, dumb, dumb.

scojo

W. R. Logan

>But this still does not make sense. In the original Justice Killer story, De Klerk as Hershey tells Armon he has pills he should take if he is caught.

Yes.

>So it is reasonable to assume they are genuine pills that can kill him.

Yes.

>But now are we to believe in the second Dredd story, these pills are fake. Were they?
>He might have swallowed the pill before Dredd pulled it out. Would he have died then?

No, we are to believe they are real, that Dredd was to be killed and that he captured Armon although he tried to commit suicide.

>Talk about stretching credibility.

No, when you read part 4 it all makes sense, it shows Armon?s determination to act out his mission and get imprisoned with Bubba O?Kelly

>Sorry that is dumb, dumb, dumb.

No, I believe it is you that is dumb, and you can?t see the most simple plot points that everyone else has spotted and accepted with no great problems.

I knew this post was going to turn into a typical Scojo thread where you fail to accept things that are pointed out to you in the simplest detail.

This will be my last post in this thread so that it doesn?t carry on for ages and divert people from the general discussions by the other members of the board.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Thread Zero

You say:
No, we are to believe they are real, that Dredd was to be killed and that he captured Armon although he tried to commit suicide.

But were they REAL????????

And anyway in the original Story he was not intending to be captured. So the pills must have been REAL. Right?

So are they in the second story?

Geez, like banging my head against a brick wall!

By the way, I haven't read this week's prog. Haven't even got it yet!

Honest.
scojo