Main Menu

A Question For Wakefield

Started by Roger Simian, 09 November, 2001, 05:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Simian

Sorry, I don't know how difficult this would be to do, but any chance of putting the site's video stuff (the old tv advert etcetera) onto RealPlayer or QuickTime formats?  My Mac won't play Windows Media.

cheers
rog  

fraston

what??? it's all in that awful media player format?? christ, glad i ain't tried downloading em yet. Wake, rememebr us mac users!!

we are vastly superior:)

fraston

Thread Zero

Burger King beats a big mac anyday.

scojo

Wake

The videos are in Mpeg format. The music is in mp3 (with one also in windows media). Are you saying Macs can't play mpeg and mp3?

Wake

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=download&page=movies" target="_blank">Download Movies

Matt

If any Mac users have any problems with the video/audio downloads on this site, then I suggest you go to apple.com and download QuickTime player 5. If you really want to give Bill Gates a foothold into your mac then try www.download.microsoft.com/winmediaplayer/WMPMAC/7.01/MacOS/EN-US/WindowsMediaInstaller.hqx

Ugghh! Microsoft... must go and scrub myself clean!!!

MATT

Matt

Infact can I suggest that any PC users go do the same. Windows Media is just shit!

Roger Simian

"The videos are in Mpeg format. The music is in mp3 (with one also in windows media). Are you saying Macs can't play mpeg and mp3?"

I can play mp3s fine, 'cause I have that software.  But, when I downloaded the tv advert, it told me I needed "Sparkle" to open it.  So I downloaded "Sparkle" and tried opening it and "Sparkle" said that it couldn't because in the clip the sound and picture are merged(????).  Obviously I need a newer version of "Sparkle", or something, but I can't find it anywhere.  Don't have these problems with QuickTime or RealPlayer.  

I don't think I've ever managed to open an mpeg.  QuickTime movies end in - .mov - and RealPlayer ones end in - rm - I think.

Does anybody know the solution?  I'm using an iMac with Netscape 6 or Netscape 4.    

fraston

I see now that Mr Simian is misled in his observations of the format of these downloads. Mpegs are fine aren't they? mmmMMMMMM we LUV mpegs. yes wake, you are a good boy (pat on head).

as a side note to this odd little diversion, i was under the impression that Billy G already OWNED apple, albeit personally as opposed to part of the MS empire. I was told he did this to control the universe but had to do it privately otherwise he'd get accused of a monopoly or sumthin.

and whilst we're streaming wildly off topic, isn't it cold today?

Fraston brrrrrrrrrrrr

Matt

Easy solution to the MPEG problem. Don't double click the file to launch it. Instead, open QuickTime player and choose open from the File menu. Highlight the Mpeg file & the open button will change to convert. Hit return & Hey Presto! one playable Mpeg movie. When you've finished watching it choose Save from the file menu and the file will automatically be read by Quicktime in future.

MATT (the Codec king)

Roger Simian

Aha!  Cheers, Matt.  I'll give that a go later.