Main Menu

Edginto, D'israeli, Yeowell, and Captain Jack Harkness.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 23 January, 2008, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Bought Nicky the first issue of Torchwood Magazine and read the comic on the way home. Fairly middling stuff from a 'legend' like Simon Furman. Their choice of word. Coming soon though are comics by, amongst others, Ian Edginton, D'israeli and Stevie Owl. Ian Edginton is the perfect choice for this sort of thing and could produce the best Torchwood in any medium. If he's teamed with his regular collaborators then so much the better.

I'll let you know when they turn up, shall I?

Bolt-01

Yes please. Is this different to the Torchwood mag that the beeb are putting out? I've not looked at that.

Bolt-01

Queen Firey-Bou

But isnt it encouraging that theres new comics springing up out there ? instead of TV sucking out all the kids brains its propelling them into other mediums, ie comics... this gets the royal approval.

DavidXBrunt

Bolt - I think there's only one Magazine, and that's from Titan.

Bou? Thought you'd died.

Bolt-01

Aye, I get micro bolt the Dr Who adventures mag, which has only 8 pages of strip (but they are normally pretty good) to go along with all the other bits n pieces. This has just made the jump from fortnightly to weekly, which I only hope is a success for them.

Still waiting for them to print nano-bolts pic though...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Bolt-01/?action=view¤t=DrWhoSept2007Web.jpg" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/Bolt-01/DrWhoSept2007Web.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Bolt-01

Proudhuff

Is the Torchwood mag like the Who one?
Youngest Huff gets that and it seems fine, would the Torchwood be siutable for minors?

Huffdaddy
DDT did a job on me

DavidXBrunt

Trout

I love that pic.

They should change so-called "proper" spelling to reflect its genius!

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

The latest issue, issue 4 on sale today, is a 'bumper' issue packed full of indulgent reviews, interview with people saying how good Torchwood is and a comic strip. The story comes from the reliable if fairly padestrian writing desk of Simon Furman but the art is something of interest. Paul Grist anyone? Whether 11 pages of Gristy goodness is worth speniding a fiver on is your call but at least you know to read it in Smugs if you're that way inclined. It's part one which means the promised treats from issue one are at least two months away.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Peter Wolf

"nstead of TV sucking out all the kids brains its propelling them into other mediums, ie comics... this gets the royal approval."

It gets mine as well.

That interesting point Alan Moore made out comics being a unique media that involves more than 1 part of the brain or 2 parts at once as the visual information is processed may be very beneficial for young developing minds.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

WoD

Goosegash

I picked up the first issue when it came out, but after flicking through I realised it suffered from a bad case of "Generictitantieinmagazineitis", and I decided I probably wouldn't be buying any more. Even Doctor Who Magazine took about fifteen years to get any good, and I can't really see Torchwood lasting that long. I was only really in it for the comic strip anyway, and given that this is Titan we're talking about, it's bound to be collected sooner or later.

The Adventurer

Whether 11 pages of Gristy goodness is worth speniding a fiver on is your call but at least you know to read it in Smugs if you're that way inclined.

It sure damn is. Issue #4 you say? I hope I can still preorder it out of previews.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

DavidXBrunt

Yep, issue 4. Out today in the U.K.