Main Menu

Dear Tharg, can we have a break from sports stories?

Started by DavidXBrunt, 28 February, 2008, 01:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

I think it's telling that there doesn't appear to be a thread for Extreme Edition 27 nearly a month after it's release. It's the third future sports themed reprint in a row and, as it ends on a cliff hanger, there's another one to follow.

The fun, for me, of the reprints is the variety and for a chunk of this year there's been none. At all. Just more of the same thing. A friend of mine who picks and choses which comics to buy has steered clear of the last six months worth as he has no interest in sports comics of any kind, and I can't believe he's alone.

I genuinely feel bad to complain about anything when the Meg has improved so much and the weekly is going so well but please, please, please can we have something different from future sports in number 29?

There's lots to chose from. What about a Maria/Walter collection reprinting their post 70's adventures? Sinister Dexter isn't turning up in trades and the early volumes skipped a few stories anyway, so how about that? Canon Fodder always gets requested, or how about a Grant Morrison collection to appeal to his fan-base? Return to Armageddon is unlikely to be collected, or what about the original V.C.s? Strontium Dog oddments and bits and bobs? Ro-busters? Heck, I'd even like to see recent-ish short stories and serials collected like The Scrap.

But what do I know? These may be the bestest selling reprints ever in which case I'll stand corrected and apologise.

Dark Jimbo

VCs and Ro-Busters are coming in trades later this year, but I'd love to see Return to Armageddon, Canon Fodder, more Al's Baby or Armoured Gideon. Or, better yet, surprise me, Tharg!

I too have steered clear of the EEs for some time now. Following Mean Team directly wth Mean Arena seems like a bit of a blunder.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

Err is there anything for a Grant Morrison EE I mean zenith is in copyright heck and big dave will never see the light of day and I would rather the dredds he did were filed in the same vault as Millars robohunter and never see the light of day again....

Oh err Canon fodder for EE I mean with Millar as inexplicably popular as he is in america and with Westons the twelve out surely this is the best time for it?

Satanist

I aint bought the past few either and I'm a bit of a completist.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bolt-01

I agree that the amount of sports stories is odd, but I'm loving the return of the Mean Arena.

Bolt-01

Peter Wolf

You will ruin everything you lot as i am desperatly desperate for an Inferno and Blackhawk  EE and enjoying Mean Arena.

[I feel my very first letter to tharg almost writing itself]

Please please please dont listen to them !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

davidbishop

Pure selfishness on my part, but I'd like to re-read Mercy Heights. Maybe some Black Light. A cold collation of Vector 13. Canon Fodder. Sooner Or Later. Or some Meg moments - Armitage, Al's Baby 2, more Missionary Man...

TordelBack

I'm with Da Bish here, I'd like to see stuff from my own 'wilderness years', including Mercy Heights, Vector 13 and Canon Fodder, rather than just stuff from the Good Old Days.  

On a different tack, and while I've virtually memorised the whole thing, Sooner or Later (1) is a Too Loud and Crazy  highpoint for me, and needs a decent re-presentation.  While I know a lot of his stuff has already had EE exposure, is there room in this workaday world  for a chunky TPB Milligan collection?  Think of the

mogzilla

just got the new previews and it shows a robo hunter cover if that helps ( a gibson cover n'all)

ukdane

Pure selfishness on my part, but I'd like to re-read Mercy Heights. Maybe some Black Light. A cold collation of Vector 13. Canon Fodder. Sooner Or Later. Or some Meg moments - Armitage, Al's Baby 2, more Missionary Man...

*tsk* you'll be asking to be Thar's right hand man next.

;-)
Cheers

-Daney

Slippery PD

I really like Mercy Heights, though it did lose its way somewhat in the convoluted RT continuity.  If it had kept Tor Cyan out of it, it would have been a different take on a galactic war story.  

Still worth a reread though, having said that.

Floyd-the-k

Wanting to re-read Mercy Heights, Sooner or Later and/or Black Light is more like masochism than selfishness.  However the Meg Moments and or some more of the future shocks or vector 13s could be fun.  Missionary man yes yes yes and also a yes to Mr Brunt's other suggrestions

Dark Jimbo

just got the new previews and it shows a robo hunter cover if that helps ( a gibson cover n'all)

SHIT! There go my chanes of getting that final Robo-Hunter trade, then, if the last of it's being dumped in an EE. I appreciate the chance of at least getting to read the last of the stuff, rather than just never see it, but still... SHIT! :-(
@jamesfeistdraws

Radbacker

must say i usually buy every thing from the house of Tharg but i haven't bothered with the last couple of E.E.'s either.  Definatly time to mix it up a bit, I'd always go for more Armoured Gideon, never read first series of Cannon fodder so no probs with that one but still want some of the older stuff too, another theamed one would be good.

CU Radbacker

IndigoPrime

"SHIT! There go my chanes of getting that final Robo-Hunter trade, then"

To be fair, that wasn't going to happen anyway, so at least it's coming out in some form. Then again, Invasion! started as an EE, and that made it into trade format, so you never know...