Main Menu

Wikipedia naughtiness.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 14 May, 2008, 09:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Here's the entry for Jeremy Kyle on Wikipedia. Can you spot the interesting addition to his C.V.?

And have you spotted any other flights of fancy inserted into otherwise, presumably, factual entries.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Kyle" target="_blank">Hint - T.V. career

Adrian Bamforth

I have to say, and I never thought I'd ever say this...but having watched the show quite a bit over breakfast I've actually come to admire that show a little bit. It's different from a lot of those Springer-esque shows as I'm certain the people on it are real and talking about genuine problems and not just attentions seekers or  people doing their 'act' for money. It seems a bear-pit at first, exploitative and not a dignified way of addressing problems but I've actually come round to thinking that for the demographic of people who go on the show it is actually the exact kind of invasive 'tough love' they are most likely to respect and help them sort out their problems, especially if the therapy offered afterwards is ongoing. It's a mystery to me how they get the people on the show and wash their dirty laundry so publicly though especially when it's clear that at least one of them is going to be severely under fire.

Funt Solo

I wish you'd just told us what the interesting addition was, because I accidentally followed the link and read bits of the page before I realised that I'd managed to get through my entire life to this point without having had the misfortune to ever hear of Jeremy Kyle, and that I'd rather chew my own ear off than read any more about the clearly vacuous media-savvy git, whether it's made up or not.

Precious, precious minutes - never to be mine again.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

the shutdown man

I'm not sure I'm looking at the right CV entry, are we referring to the radio show with the funny name?

I do love the Jeremy Kyle show, when I get the chance to watch it. It's basically just a smug arsehole shouting at a bunch of saps for an hour. At least in the American shows like Maury or Jerry, they act all nice, and hugs n' kisses, but not Jeremy, oh no. It's tough love all the way. Car-crash television at it's finest.

Unfortunately I'm gone to work by the time it's on, but I relish the chence to watch it.  
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

The Irish TV and radio presenter Pat Kenney entry was once changed to include the fact that he presented a morning show called punch a granny and he travelled round in a space craft powered by his own ego.

Dark Jimbo

Sorry David, but I have to ask - why exactly where you looking up Jeremy Kyle on Wiki anyway?
@jamesfeistdraws

worldshown

For the benefit of those that missed it before it got edited back (and complete with hilarious spelling)...

had a small part as a loud monkey in the american war eppic appocolys now, and was described by marlin brando as the best dam monket he had ever seen

Best ones I've seen include the death of Mark 'return of the mack' Morrison in a manner that would disgrace a Tory MP.

There was a whole paragraph about a secret character in Red Dwarf called 'The Red Dwarf' who appeared in the background of all bar three episodes and was played by John Thomson as a studio joke.

Best one ever was when Ronnie Hazlehurst's entry was amended to include S Club 7's 'Reach' among his writing credits, just as major TV stations and newspapers were writing his obituary.

the shutdown man

Wasn't there one on a footballer's page just after his marraige to a girlband member (I'm crap with the names as I don't follow football) which described their marraige as one of convenience because he was gay?
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Rio De Fideldo

My best mate who lives in London has a friend who edited the Noddy Holder page to say that he recorded a duet with newsreader Anna Ford.

When this was brought to Noddy's attention on the Radcliffe and Maconie show he said he couldn't recollect doing it but was probably something he made up.

Lying get.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noddy_Holder#Later_career" target="_blank">Sir Nodwood of Holder

Satanist

I soooo want Mr Kyle to get caught fiddling with goats its not funny anymore. The way he acts all superior to these (lets be honest) cretins on his show is shocking. Whenever I catch it on TV I want to hit myself as I'm hypnotised by the whole spectacle.

His wife though,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

satchmo

shutdown man: I daren't even post a link but if you type "mobile phone up his arse" into youtube...

DavidXBrunt

Why was I looking it up? To see what it said about him. Why else would I look it up?

starscape

Jeremy Kyle is one of the highlights on UKTV in Cairo (where I live these days).  I'm so proud that people are able to get such wonderful insights into our the homeland.

Wish I could say it wasn't a good representation of British life!

ThryllSeekyr

After atching some You-tube Video of his show. He's basically Britain's version of America's Jerry Springer.

Not that we Australians have a exact counter part.

Let me think.

As I don't watch alot of local telivision since I got Optus Cable.

I wouldn't know, yet..

Though Kyle Sandilands would be the ideal person for a Austrlain version of this show. Bullying second to him.

Maybe even Rove MacManus or that fella or inpersonates Choppa Reed.